GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have a Haldex controller on their R yet?

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I love my comp controller. Rear end engagement during braking makes a huge difference. The car is generally much more neutral through turns, with a slightly tendency toward oversteer under some circumstances. Not really anything to write home about in a straight line in my opinion, but a huge improvement under any sort of power under most turning conditions. Definitely worth the Black Friday special price I paid :p

--Matt

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought the competition controller from HPA and had it install last month, and after a month of driving I can definitely say this is yet so far the best non-horsepower related mods to date.

Just try a WOT when you're gunning for a corner, and you'll see the difference in how the car points itself when you exit.

Try launching the car, and you'll light up the rear tires first.

Try braking hard, and you'll feel that the car is being pulled back rather than feeling it is just the front calipers doing all the hard work.

Did I notice any difference in fuel consumption? Nope, seems the same to me after the controller went in and driving it for a month.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I also haven't noticed much in the way of fuel economy changes. We went on a 400 mile trip yesterday and I averaged the same 28mpg I usually see on that drive, even with light rain, ambient temps in the 40s, and 2 passengers.

--Matt

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently installed the HPA comp controller and will echo what has been said. In the limited testing so far, the car feels more neutral and more planted. I feel I have more control and feel more connected to the road. A very worthwhile mod.