GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Darkdub's Unitronic K04 Stage 2+ Build

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
i'll trade my carbonio for the uni intake

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey nice looking build Dark! Where did you get your Uni tune? I like APR but I fear theyre a little too refined for me as much as I love Achtuning. Shopping around for tunes I guess if I can justify the cost.

Thanks Appogee, this was the problem for me. The one shop that was suggested was in fact the only shop in the area that sells uni software at the time.

I purchased my parts and called the suggested shop to quickly realize that neither the shop nor UNI had much if any respect for each other. The shop went so far as to suggest other bolt ons due to previous fitment issues. It was an incredibly awkward and less than reassuring feeling.

I then decided to dig thru the list of available shops to find that NO other shops on the list were still in business (this has since changed). When I let UNI know of my current situation their suggestion was to allow the only available shop in my area do the flash and NOTHING else, WTF :mad:!!

I recently had a local shop follow up my personal install and add new brackets/hangers to locations that just did not line up right.

I have no doubt in my mind if I was to do this all over again I would pay a little extra the first time for more polished product and retail location experience.

In my opinion canned software files are only so good, but UNI's software compared to the rest is fine if you have a competent local shop to mod your ECU. I will only use a custom tune when I get my aquamist installed so ill be moving on anyways. Good luck!

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Took her to the quarter mile = ) best run was 13.3 @ 110.4 need to work on my 60 foot badly! Anything beyond 3k launch and I would spin.

Appogee

Ready to race!
Thanks Appogee, this was the problem for me. The one shop that was suggested was in fact the only shop in the area that sells uni software at the time.

I purchased my parts and called the suggested shop to quickly realize that neither the shop nor UNI had much if any respect for each other. The shop went so far as to suggest other bolt ons due to previous fitment issues. It was an incredibly awkward and less than reassuring feeling.

I then decided to dig thru the list of available shops to find that NO other shops on the list were still in business (this has since changed). When I let UNI know of my current situation their suggestion was to allow the only available shop in my area do the flash and NOTHING else, WTF :mad:!!

I recently had a local shop follow up my personal install and add new brackets/hangers to locations that just did not line up right.

I have no doubt in my mind if I was to do this all over again I would pay a little extra the first time for more polished product and retail location experience.

In my opinion canned software files are only so good, but UNI's software compared to the rest is fine if you have a competent local shop to mod your ECU. I will only use a custom tune when I get my aquamist installed so ill be moving on anyways. Good luck!
Damn. I see, hmm.... Well.... I may hold off now. Not because of this, though it is disappointing the Uni dealers in Washington (as like all tuners besides Achtuning honestly) suck.

Holding off for F23 tunes though.

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice build man I def enjoy reading your thread . Car looks good .

Thanks! Can't wait to get a few things dialed in so I can move on to suspension stuff.

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn. I see, hmm.... Well.... I may hold off now. Not because of this, though it is disappointing the Uni dealers in Washington (as like all tuners besides Achtuning honestly) suck.

Holding off for F23 tunes though.

Cool man, let me know what you decide on!