GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know where to buy te OEM Golf R cherry Tails in Toronto ?

MKsix

Passed Driver's Ed
I just picked up my 2012 Gti and I'm loving it ... but I keep seeing people with the Golf R tails when I'm working and I'm starting to love them ... anyone got any info on where to buy them in Toronto ?

Or anyone selling ?

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
I just picked up my 2012 Gti and I'm loving it ... but I keep seeing people with the Golf R tails when I'm working and I'm starting to love them ... anyone got any info on where to buy them in Toronto ?

Or anyone selling ?

LOL, I couldn't figure what kind of work you do until I read your "spotted" post.

In any case, I am after the same thing here in the GTA for dark cherry (tinted) OEM ones without the fog feature. Unless I find a better choice, I may order from BKS tuning http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17...1/Products/VWGOL063/SubProducts/VWGOL063-0001

I kind of fear brokerage, duties and taxes though. I will find out a little about that when I get my lip spoiler from the States. (see thread in this section.)

Good luck and lets share any cash and carry local alternatives.

CadMan

Ready to race!
I have them and I ordered them in the second group buy on this forum. Better deal then buying them from the states. Check out if there are any more group buys in the works and join in. Group buys were using BKS tuning out of Germany. Prepare yurself for a heavy customs whack! Anywhere from $90 -$160 in duty. Even after that it is still cheaper than U.S. prices. Unless you go down to New york state and buy them and get them installed, then not declare them. But that is criminal and we don't do that in Canada... do we :)

MKsix

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I'm scared of the duties that will need to be paid ... I am thinking I'm going to see how much it will cost from local dealers once the Golf R is released and they have access to parts. If its around the same then I'm just going to order from them.

Still open to anyone that wants to sell though =)

MKsix

Passed Driver's Ed
Just called the dealer ... he said its 691 each headlight ... so 1300 plus for the pair ? sounds a little redic. to me ...

Alright I guess I'll look into the replicas then ... where is the review ?

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Just called the dealer ... he said its 691 each headlight ... so 1300 plus for the pair ? sounds a little redic. to me ...

Cosmetic Mods section.

zVp

Go Kart Champion

LOLs. Don't even bother with that ridiculous quote.

You can grab the replicas or you can wait for the next group buy for OEMs. You can't go wrong with either. The replicas look great!

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
North American Rs dont come with LED tails (or recaro seats!) so our dealers probably wont have much, if any access to them.

wait for the 5th group buy.

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
Prepare yurself for a heavy customs whack! Anywhere from $90 -$160 in duty. Even after that it is still cheaper than U.S. prices.

Yea I'm scared of the duties that will need to be paid ...

A guy from Ajax, Ontario posted elsewhere around a week ago:

I got mine form BKS Tuning $659 for the lights $49 for the adaptors and $67 shippng I also had a couple of other things in the package. Great service arrived in 1 week.

So at $775 + "$90 to $160" in possible duties, I may go for the real thing (OEM) through BKS and not worry about fit & finish etc. Maybe get lucky on fees too....

zVp

Go Kart Champion
A guy from Ajax, Ontario posted elsewhere around a week ago:

I got mine form BKS Tuning $659 for the lights $49 for the adaptors and $67 shippng I also had a couple of other things in the package. Great service arrived in 1 week.

So at $775 + "$90 to $160" in possible duties, I may go for the real thing (OEM) through BKS and not worry about fit & finish etc. Maybe get lucky on fees too....

OEMs have some gaps here and there as well. I might have to realign the lights again in the spring.

Also, some people didn't have to pay duties so you might get lucky :) (I had to pay around 80ish or so, I forgots)

MKsix

Passed Driver's Ed
im pretty sure the canadian golf r will have leds. I gave them the part number for the leds and thats what he quoted me. Im going to ask the parts guy downtown to check again id be willing if its 691 for the pair !!

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
id be willing if its 691 for the pair !!

HST; $691 + 13% = $780.83 = BKS OEM out of Germany price vicinity....

Medussa

Ready to race!
group buy 5 just started for $650