GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reflashed to APR Stage 1 v1.2 yesterday

spessx

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I've been running APR's stage 1 software pretty much since I got my 2010 GTI. I finally got around to flashing to Version 1.2 yesterday and I gotta say that I love the new software! It doesn't just grease the tires at 1/4 throttle or have that "on/off" power feel. It drives a lot smoother and a lot more like it did stock - only with a big boost in power. The power gain is noticeable and you can modulate the power a lot better. This is what the GTI should have been from the factory. Now I just need to come up with an excuse to get rid of these damn all season tires.

Oh, and the power doesn't seem to fall off at the top end of the tach like before. It just seems to make more useable power everywhere. If you haven't updated from the original version you should do it.

Thanks again APR!

-s

dbest6808

Ready to race!
Nice man, yeah I really liked the v1.2 update when I had it. It just felt better all around .

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I can agree 100% with everything you just said OP. I reflashed at the APR BBQ and noticed immediately how smooth it pulled. That on/off effect is gone and it sort of sinks you into the seat harder.