GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spotted 2015 golf R

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The follower is overblown esp on late model FSI engines. A well maintained FSI is just as if not more reliable than a TSI.

aren't some guys changing it every 20K or something? I agree, not all are going, but still somewhat of a concern. They mentioned IMS Cayman shit on Everyday Driver yesterday.. they talked about how overblown that issue is ;)

I agree. Nothing wrong with an FSI, just take care of the cam follower.

Stronger internals and all on the MK6 R...the MK7 R is a game changer though...just fix the darn turbos.

MK8 R here I come haha

word.

No LED tails, no center exhuast, i feel like the front end doesnt have as drastic of a change from the gti... which direction is VW working towards here...

Ill be sticking with my Mk6.

Forever.

Will it not have the lighting package as an option here, like the GTI? dang.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
No LED tails, no center exhuast, i feel like the front end doesnt have as drastic of a change from the gti... which direction is VW working towards here...

Ill be sticking with my Mk6.

Forever.

Perhaps they are not trying to attract the, "street racerzz" crowd!

It's all about the performance.

:thumbsup:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I hear ya man, im sure there will be an option like this?

....and any performance the R had just got raped away by stupid stance. Worst trend ever.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
aren't some guys changing it every 20K or something? I agree, not all are going, but still somewhat of a concern. They mentioned IMS Cayman shit on Everyday Driver yesterday.. they talked about how overblown that issue is ;)

word.

Will it not have the lighting package as an option here, like the GTI? dang.
It takes $20 and 5 min to change the Cam follower. Just do it every other oil change. A lot of dudes have like new looking followers even after 50k miles. I really don't see the issue.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
The follower is overblown esp on late model FSI engines. A well maintained FSI is just as if not more reliable than a TSI.

I agree. Nothing wrong with an FSI, just take care of the cam follower.

On an APR stage 2+ file (HPFP), I was replacing the follower every 5-10K depending on driving habits.
Once the DLC was worn off the top, it was time to change it.
If you didn't you were buying a new pump, cam, and praying large shavings didn't get in your motor.
Was not fun, and am glad I have a TSI now.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
you're missing out

I dunno man, I know theyre nice and all, but theres just something about them im not a fan of. I like the interior better than the Mk6, but I like the exterior a lot better on the Mk6.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I dunno man, I know theyre nice and all, but theres just something about them im not a fan of. I like the interior better than the Mk6, but I like the exterior a lot better on the Mk6.

The steering felt loose, but other than that, the improvement is huge. Its not as raw as my mk6 was, i hope some aftermarket parts will probably end up like that.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It takes $20 and 5 min to change the Cam follower. Just do it every other oil change. A lot of dudes have like new looking followers even after 50k miles. I really don't see the issue.

The average buyer/owner does not know this, nor does this.

On an APR stage 2+ file (HPFP), I was replacing the follower every 5-10K depending on driving habits.
Once the DLC was worn off the top, it was time to change it.
If you didn't you were buying a new pump, cam, and praying large shavings didn't get in your motor.
Was not fun, and am glad I have a TSI now.

:word::thumbsup:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
The steering felt loose, but other than that, the improvement is huge. Its not as raw as my mk6 was, i hope some aftermarket parts will probably end up like that.

That would bother me.
It being a wider car, I wonder if it's running a steering setup similar to a Passat. I say this because the only big VW I have driver recently was a loaner Passat. I HATED how blah the steering was on that car. Very spongy feeling. Mind you, the rest of the car was rather nice, but a little basic (It is a fleet beater after all).
Maybe a drop and some subframe collars could help it? :iono:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
That would bother me.

It being a wider car, I wonder if it's running a steering setup similar to a Passat. I say this because the only big VW I have driver recently was a loaner Passat. I HATED how blah the steering was on that car. Very spongy feeling. Mind you, the rest of the car was rather nice, but a little basic (It is a fleet beater after all).

Maybe a drop and some subframe collars could help it? :iono:

Its not drastically lose, youre still connected, but at higher speeds its great. I had tyrolsport bushings for the last year i owned the mk6 so i might got used to that, i hope the mk7 has the same subframe, if it does, ill buy those in a heartbeat. Waiting to hit market and thats why im holding off lowering the car too.