GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

Pakman332

Ready to race!
@John
I recently got a stage 1+ tune, about 2wks ago, and I am experiencing rough gear changes. there is more resistance (should i say its more "clunky") going in to 2nd and 3rd gear. Is this normal??
cuz before the tune I experienced zero issue with gear change, buttery smooth. I just hope im not messing up my tranny.
Please Help...
I had the same experience on DSG. When I upgraded to stage 2 it went back to being smooth again. Perhaps it was because I was only on 92 octane instead of the intended 93, but it's odd that it was fixed with stage 2.

Sent from my Pocket Computer 6000

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Just pulled the trigger on Uniconnect+, and a stage 2 lol. Praying the clutch holds out till January lmao.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

C_GANGALE90

Had no intention of tuning my car but pulled the trigger and decided to go stage 1+ at Waterfest last weekend. I have to say I couldn't be happier. I couldn't believe the improvement it feels like a completely different car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just don't drive like a maniac and you should be fine. That is if you can resist the urge. Lol

The good news is once you flash stage 2.. you can downgrade to stage 1-1+ or stock and go back to 2 at a later time.

So if it begins to slip cut her down to stage 1 until you get a new clutch :]

urbanevil

Ready to race!
The good news is once you flash stage 2.. you can downgrade to stage 1-1+ or stock and go back to 2 at a later time.

So if it begins to slip cut her down to stage 1 until you get a new clutch :]
Yea that's the plan lol. Now I gotta get me one of those snazzy Unitronics badges off of modded euros!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
^^
Emailed you the other day

Replied!

@John
I recently got a stage 1+ tune, about 2wks ago, and I am experiencing rough gear changes. there is more resistance (should i say its more "clunky") going in to 2nd and 3rd gear. Is this normal??
cuz before the tune I experienced zero issue with gear change, buttery smooth. I just hope im not messing up my tranny.
Please Help...

Shoot me an email with your VIN and a full description of the situation you're experiencing and I'd be glad to assist further.

Had no intention of tuning my car but pulled the trigger and decided to go stage 1+ at Waterfest last weekend. I have to say I couldn't be happier. I couldn't believe the improvement it feels like a completely different car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your feedback! :thumbsup:

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Just gave my VIN Info to Nodded Euros, getting excited! Muahaha

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Hey john, sent you a PM, but figured I'd ask here in case it helps others as well.

I am trying to pass emissions with an aftermarket exhaust that has a 200 cell cat. Last year it passed no problem, but this year I'm getting a CEL. this is likely due to the spacer, so I am looking to remove the spacer and get flashed to stage 2 to see if that solves my issue. Can you confirm how many readiness sensors are tripped by stage 2? In NC we are allowed to have 1 off, but I have read threads by others stating that after being tuned they had as many as 3 (from apr, not you guys)

Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
You will not pass a readiness test on stage 2 there will be 2x monitors out.

Damn, better hope replacing my o2 sensor gets me by then.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just gave my VIN Info to Nodded Euros, getting excited! Muahaha

Do they email you after you buy for your information or do you submit it at time of purchase? Im gonna be buying through them too shortly

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, better hope replacing my o2 sensor gets me by then.

Do you have a oxygen spacer post cat? Get one and then flash back to stock using your uniconnect+ cable and then you will assuming the spacer does its job not have a fault.

Make sure you use Vagcom to force readiness before you go in also otherwise thats a fail if its not showing readiness.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Do you have a oxygen spacer post cat? Get one and then flash back to stock using your uniconnect+ cable and then you will assuming the spacer does its job not have a fault.

Make sure you use Vagcom to force readiness before you go in also otherwise thats a fail if its not showing readiness.

I have neither uniconnect nor Vagcom, so that is not an option. I have a post cat sensor, but its throwing 140/141 codes due to being run with a spacer for over a year. Being Stage 1+ should not be an issue with passing emissions, but stage 2 would clear the 420 CEL if i were to remove the spacer causing the 140/141 CEL, hence my question as to how many readiness sensors were tripped by stage 2. I was hoping to not replace the o2 sensor and get a little extra power, but that no longer looks like a viable option.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have neither uniconnect nor Vagcom, so that is not an option. I have a post cat sensor, but its throwing 140/141 codes due to being run with a spacer for over a year. Being Stage 1+ should not be an issue with passing emissions, but stage 2 would clear the 420 CEL if i were to remove the spacer causing the 140/141 CEL, hence my question as to how many readiness sensors were tripped by stage 2. I was hoping to not replace the o2 sensor and get a little extra power, but that no longer looks like a viable option.

Nah yeah that sensor needs to be working. You can only "trick" it with the spacer.

Stage 2 disables the read from that sensor so you wont get a CEL from it anymore. The spacer is used to not get the CEL when you dont have it disabled.

Last edited: