GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drivetrain shudder back.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Once again, I'm getting a very noticeable and harsh shudder whenever press on the accelerator and when I release the accelerator. I can't figure out what it is. I have torque solution engine and dogbone mounts as well as new LCA bushings. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Dual mass flywheel maybe.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Turns out the coupler is NOT as bad as I thought. The tech drove with me and said the coupler is not what is causing the shudder. Im looking into rear differential mounts now. It feels like something has play and is shifting back and forth as gas is applied and let off

DUBlclutch

Passed Driver's Ed
Once again, I'm getting a very noticeable and harsh shudder whenever press on the accelerator and when I release the accelerator. I can't figure out what it is. I have torque solution engine and dogbone mounts as well as new LCA bushings. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?
Trans mount as well? How many miles on mounts? Any changes in set up just prior to shudder beginning?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

justboostin

I have the same thing. I have upgraded the dogbone insert, motor and trans mount and I have a single mass flywheel. This happens when it first gear at around 5mph when you touch the gas and let off. The transition between those two states causes something to rock and sound loose. I'm wondering if it's the dogbone pendulum or if there is another trans mount I'm missing.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk