GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Gearbox Option should i use on Roll Race

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed
Dear all:

I have a couple question here,

i would like to know which DSG position should i use in a rolling race..
because i know in Sport Mode (sport + manual paddle shifting 2 gear) i would have more throttle response, but i am disgregard if in D + / - , i have the same throttle response as in Sport Mode.

My other question is .. i realize the Accelerator Pedal, has a "limit", but i can overpass that limit..Do you know specify for what is this "limit"?

And the last question is how to drive in curves, because when i am taking a curve i let off the pedal off the gas but in the curve apex i start to press the pedal little by little, but i feel the car dont accelerate, so i have to fully press the pedal , but the wheels start to slide and this is very dangerous.

Can you guys help me with this questions, pelase?

I have the car since 2 months ago.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I roll in sport mode.

For turning, if you enter a corner too fast gently hit the breaks which will shift the weight of the car to the front tires allowing them to grip better. Never accelerate in a turn that will break ur tires traction and cause understeer. As you straighten the wheel coming out of a turn you can start accelerating .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed
I roll in sport mode.

For turning, if you enter a corner too fast gently hit the breaks which will shift the weight of the car to the front tires allowing them to grip better. Never accelerate in a turn that will break ur tires traction and cause understeer. As you straighten the wheel coming out of a turn you can start accelerating .

So for rolling race should i put the gearbox on S mode and downshift using the paddle shift rigght? or just Sport Mode, no paddle shifting to downshift to 2 second gear?

regards

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
So for rolling race should i put the gearbox on S mode and downshift using the paddle shift rigght? or just Sport Mode, no paddle shifting to downshift to 2 second gear?

regards
I've only ever gone from a roll starting at 60mph but yes I down shift a single gear if I'm cruising at 3k RPM.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Learning how to drive from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum isn’t going to end well. Take your car to a track and learn how to drive it. You need to feel what a car does at, and past it’s limits. Do this somewhere that nobody will die.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
when i race i ALWAYS use manual mode this way i can do whatever i want. If i want it in the upper RPMs i can keep it there etc.

Do whatever you are comfortable with though if you prefer not to worry/deal with shifting just use sport mode.