GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Interesting.. just got a new radiator myself due to a curb incident and the wife driving. And still thermostat is strange sometimes and I get a code only on warm days. Thankfully if water pump goes VW covers it and the thermostat is integrated into it right?

10_white_gti

So a few months I noticed a few coolant drips on my garage floor, thought it was from my girls car (winter beater) then Friday I noticed my coolant level was low at the min line. Took the lower engine shield off and it was wet on the drivers side. Took a look and the rad is wet on the bottom end tank. So dumb me decide I’ll take the from clip off and get it ready to replace the rad. Next day I planned to head to the parts store and pick up a new rad drop it in and be on my way.(most stores in my area can get a new one by 12noon). So while taking apart everything I notice this sensor on the rad. So I just unclipped the sensor it wasn’t glued in and the Plastic nipple still intact. So I just put it aside. Overnight in bed while researching radiators and where I can get one the fastest. I come across ECS site while looking at part numbers and welll low and behold there’s two diffent rads ECS clearly states it. The next day I call around and every place only sells CCTA rads. So I The end I end up crimping the tabs down alittle on my original rad where it was leaking.( only a small slow leak, temporary fix till I can by the correct rad) Threw the sensor back on and put it all back together extreme fun way to spend the weekend right? As of now I have no cel for the sensor and never did before. But I worried if I go with and aftermarket rad and just throw my sensor on it will it become an issue? Anyone here using a aftermarket CBFA rad? Was my sensor suppose to be glued in? It was just clipped into the block with two small holes drilled it in. I’ll be getting a new rad from ECS because it the only place that I trust and knows there’s a difference. All the local places have no idea what I saying, like always. But do I just go with the aftermarket and reuse my stock sensor or New OEM rad and new OEM sensor??

zef

Drag Racing Champion
If you so much as sneeze on that sensor it will throw a CEL. Any OEM radiator that you buy from ECS for a CBFA car will have the sensor preattached. Removing/tampering with the sensor from the radiator will automatically cause a CEL. If that happens you must buy a new radiator since there is no way to reattach the sensor once it's removed.

If you go with Eurodyne/United Motorsports you can delete the sensor all together and can run a tyrolsport/mishimoto radiator. I just sent a message to Alex @ Stratified if he has this capability as well.

10_white_gti

If you so much as sneeze on that sensor it will throw a CEL. Any OEM radiator that you buy from ECS for a CBFA car will have the sensor preattached. Removing/tampering with the sensor from the radiator will automatically cause a CEL. If that happens you must buy a new radiator since there is no way to reattach the sensor once it's removed.

If you go with Eurodyne/United Motorsports you can delete the sensor all together and can run a tyrolsport/mishimoto radiator. I just sent a message to Alex @ Stratified if he has this capability as well.

Well I took it out lol and put it back and I got no cell... odd. I feel like this is a hit or miss you either have issues with it or you don’t. I plan to get stratified protune at some point... still on the fence if I wanna go ko4 but when the time comes I’ll have them just delete it to prevent future issues if any come up.

ErsteGTI

Ready to race!
I’ve had this nagging CEL/Code (P2568) for a long while now. I don’t really notice much performance issue except the occasional drop in temp at weird times. I was dreading smog check, but I can confirm that using APR software to clear codes, drive for ~50-100 miles and GTI passed its first smog check.

Dealer quoted me $1562 to fix it. I plan on following up on the PZEV warranty and will post back.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I’ve had this nagging CEL/Code (P2568) for a long while now. I don’t really notice much performance issue except the occasional drop in temp at weird times. I was dreading smog check, but I can confirm that using APR software to clear codes, drive for ~50-100 miles and GTI passed its first smog check.

Dealer quoted me $1562 to fix it. I plan on following up on the PZEV warranty and will post back.

$1562 to repair lol?? Does that come with a new bumper, radiator, sensor and a complete respray of the entire car? VW is crazy with their prices.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
$1562 to repair lol?? Does that come with a new bumper, radiator, sensor and a complete respray of the entire car? VW is crazy with their prices.

That's basically the "we really don't want to fix this, but if you really want it done, here's what its gonna cost" kind of estimate.

Service writers can be real dbags.

ErsteGTI

Ready to race!

That's basically the "we really don't want to fix this, but if you really want it done, here's what its gonna cost" kind of estimate.

Service writers can be real dbags.

Part is listed at $407
Labor is at $1155, which is about 2 hours labor at BayArea rates :D

Freaking BS!

But I gotta play nice b/c their supposed to be "mod friendly" and hopefully will work with me to get it under PZEV warranty. They can try and charge VW USA the $1500.

PistolPeteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a cel for a p2568. Assuming it’s a radiator not an o2. Anyone know the best place to purchase it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Part is listed at $407

Labor is at $1155, which is about 2 hours labor at BayArea rates :D

Freaking BS!

But I gotta play nice b/c their supposed to be "mod friendly" and hopefully will work with me to get it under PZEV warranty. They can try and charge VW USA the $1500.

What’s the part number for the radiator with the sensor? I’m coming up short because of all the options out there.

Seems like OEM option only since this damn sensor is a magical VW mystery part.

cdepaepe

Welp, this has been an upsetting read haha, just had my emissions come up in IL and turns out i have the CBFA motor, and this dumb sensor is bad. Code comes up pretty quickly. Dealer wants $1100 for new radiator and sensor. Checked with VWOA and they said I'm not covered by the HPEV warranty because im not in cali. Gonna contact Unitronics to see if they can send me a stock tune with that sensor turned off. Otherwise guess im gonna have to buy the Eurodyne turner to disable it myself. Someone mentioned COBB, has anyone had them disable the sensor? would rather get that with the Stratified tune.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

ahard48

Ready to race!
Haven't heard of a tuner doing this and I am in the same boat in NY. Luckily mine comes and goes and was of for a week, but just came back....didn't know you couldn't pass inspection with that error. I noticed it right at 35K miles and didn't think to do anything until my 36k mile warranty was up...

PistolPeteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Fcp euro offers life time warranty on everything they sell I bought my radiator from them and no more problems
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw...51 [URL] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Happened again to me, fortunately I'm within the 12mo 12k miles warranty of the part and labor with the dealership. Just waiting on them to confirm it's the same thing and I'll hopefully have my car back tomorrow