GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Body Connector / wiring

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
Hi, my car acted up for 3rd time in 5 months - rpms going up and down without hitting gas pedal. Scanned codes p0121 Throttle Position Sensor Implausible Signal and P 0507 Idle too high.

I ordered new wires and connectors and am going to do the TSB for the TB wiring/connector. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows which colors of wires go to each of the 6 pins? I want a backup info in case I mess up doing this. Thanks .

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
ElsaWin GTI Wiring Diagram

Download the wiring diagram PDF in this thread. It's had all the info I've ever needed for de-pinning connectors and random electrical jobs on my GTI.

Performing the TSB seems pretty foolproof as long as you follow this DIY and double check all wires are going to the correct locations before firing her up.

EDIT: I'm bored at work so I looked through the wiring diagrams for you. Looks like this is what you need. Page 155 of the PDF I linked to.

TB Wiring Diagram by Tony G, on Flickr

Last edited:

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
perfect

Thanks, that's just what I'm looking for. :) Just did throttle body adjustment and position 1 was 16.4% and position 2 was 83.2%. It totaled 99.6% not 100% so may be wiring connector or even the throttle body itself. I'm going to try and find the RPM sensor too and make sure the connector looks OK.

So, if I'm reading this right here's the layout of the TB connector:
1. Yellow/Black
2. Blue/ Black
3. Violet
4. Yellow/ Blue
5. Brown/ Violet
6. Brown/ Green

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, that's just what I'm looking for. :) Just did throttle body adjustment and position 1 was 16.4% and position 2 was 83.2%. It totaled 99.6% not 100% so may be wiring connector or even the throttle body itself. I'm going to try and find the RPM sensor too and make sure the connector looks OK.

So, if I'm reading this right here's the layout of the TB connector:
1. Yellow/Black
2. Blue/ Black
3. Violet
4. Yellow/ Blue
5. Brown/ Violet
6. Brown/ Green

Looks correct. When you cut the old plug off leave some wire so you can use it to reference pin # and corresponding wire color. Shouldn't even need the diagram if you do that, but it's good to have as reference.