GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried Unitronic DSG software

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, car is at the dealer for my 30k service. Told them my issues with my trans and they verifyed them. Waiting for an answer from VW on the next step.
Glad I didn't get this flash yet!!!
I was going to last week but didn't.

I will still definitely get it once my trans is acting normal!

Cool. Post your results from the dealer and your Uni flash too. What problems was the DSG giving you?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
ahhhh....i see. It does need time to warm up in the winter but I only ever give my car about 3 mins...then drive off easy. Never got a false neutral in any case so it would seem the dealer needs to rectify this for sure and probably will. Either way its cool if they do since your modded enough.....even though you and I both know your mods wouldn't have caused a dsg fault.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Dave! I was never really happy with the way my trans acted. That's why I wanted to get a flash so bad. ,,,,,,,,
Until I rode in and drove a friends car with DSG. His is so smooth downshifting and what not also. Mine doesn't seen to match the rpms correctly causing my head to jerk back every shift.
Always thought it was due the the dog bone insert.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
No prob.
Any update on the fix at the dealer?

Well, they couldn't duplicate the problem! :mad0259:
They kept the car for 3 days though. Decided to go with the 75D red puck from HPA to see if it's better than the insert I was running.
My service writer was cool though, I told him I would record it happening and told him I was getting it flashed and asked if it would affect the trans warranty and he said if the mecha unit failed he would help get it covered.

Going in on Monday to get the flash. :happyanim:

I'll report back then!

mhh

Is it possible to send in the megatronic Unit,.for the flash?....because there is no dealer In My part of Europe....

Michael......Denmark

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Is it possible to send in the megatronic Unit,.for the flash?....because there is no dealer In My part of Europe....

Michael......Denmark

I don't know. I do know that HPA can send you the tuning device so that you can upload your tune if there is no dealer available.

JP

mhh

Hpa,s. Flashing/device is only for USA/Canada customers...I wrote to unitronic,s head office today,but nothing from uni.....

Michael....

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Wow! Haha! This is unreal! Why didn't VW do this from the get-go?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
In a nut shell, this is the way VW should of programmed these cars!

1) Had this preformed at Mobile One on the North side of Chicago. Nice little shop and very nice people!

2) First drive in "D" mode was very nice! The DSG actually knew what it was doing! Very smooth downshifts. Up shifts were slightly higher in the RPM band but no where near as higs as "Sport" mode. The car feels like its ready to go now instead of getting to 6th gear as soon as possible! It shifts smoothly into 1st gear a lot sooner when coasting to a stop. Rolling stops no longer make the DSG think about what gear to be in. Throttle delay is almost non existent.

3) Manual mode is super! The throttle no longer controls gear changes. If you are per se in 3rd and coming to a stop, it will still go to first if you forget to do it. Nailing it in 3rd you better have the traction control off!
It will not downshift when flooring it.

4) Sport mode now pulls right up to 7K before hitting the rev limiter when floored. At part throttle it still up-shifts like the stock flash did.
I have not tried launch control, it is supposedly set at 4K.

5) Oh, I guess I should say the shift time is noticeably faster and is progressive. Not jarring at all. Sport mode is super fast. I hated when pulling the shift lever on the wheel it would take a second or so to shift,,,,, not any longer!!!

Negatives? So far none! I did hope that when in "D" mode the gear would display also but no biggie.
It was a 2.5 hour drive each way to get this done and my mileage didn't change. I got 33.2 MPG indicated on the way back averaging 70 MPH.

Ill just say that even you Stock to Stage 2 people need to get this! It's that good!