Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Nexus or some other Android phone

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Keep the GS3, fatass.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
My 2 year contract with the GS4 ends on june 1st, I'm kind of thinking about a GS6 myself or maybe I'll eat my words about the "tablet phones" and just buy a damn Note.

With a little better OS and app development I could see a note with an external mouse and keyboard replacing my vintage 2007 laptop - I've been thinking about replacing it for awhile now but been too cheap to buy a new laptop when the old one still works fine. Unfortunately the old U7600 dual core 1.2 GHz processor is getting to be too slow, can't play back 1080p video files smoothly.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Do you normally use a desk top at home? I could never live with a tablet for everything, I like the larger screen and nice keyboard. Fuck tablets.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I have a nice desktop with 3 good monitors and a good mouse and mechanical keyboard. I only use the laptop around the house or when traveling because a laptop interface is still better than a phone interface for most tasks - though I kind of figure with the way they're dumbing down websites and software to cater to phone/tablet users, it soon won't matter anymore and I might as well just use a phone/tablet myself.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I have a nice desktop with 3 good monitors and a good mouse and mechanical keyboard. I only use the laptop around the house or when traveling because a laptop interface is still better than a phone interface for most tasks - though I kind of figure with the way they're dumbing down websites and software to cater to phone/tablet users, it soon won't matter anymore and I might as well just use a phone/tablet myself.

Man, I'd end it if I were stuck on a tablet but I travel all the time.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I think it would be ok with a mouse and keyboard.

Realistically somebody should sell a modular accessory system that is essentially a tablet display with a detachable laptop keyboard that also has a few usb ports, both of which connect to your phone to turn your phone into a laptop or tablet. Phones have tons of processing power, they just need a better interface to be used for real productivity.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
A keyboard and mouse would be a big improvement, but a lot of times even the 15" screen is a hinderance when I'm actually doing work shit. I guess I could sometimes connect to the hotel room tv as an additional monitor... That would make your plan pretty awesome, have HDMI out on the keyboard hub.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Samsung already has a wireless screen mirroring technology, don't even need hdmi out but yeah that would work too.

I'm honestly amazed that I can't basically plug my phone into a shell of a laptop/tablet and have it act as the brains behind it. I thought that was the whole idea of this new tech - all of your shit on one device that you carry with you and plug into various "workstations" wherever you happen to be.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Samsung already has a wireless screen mirroring technology, don't even need hdmi out but yeah that would work too.

I'm honestly amazed that I can't basically plug my phone into a shell of a laptop/tablet and have it act as the brains behind it. I thought that was the whole idea of this new tech - all of your shit on one device that you carry with you and plug into various "workstations" wherever you happen to be.

:word:

That would be sweet, they could put those in all hotel rooms, planes, etc. It could probably be pretty cheap to manufacture.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I would think that every business would be putting them in cubicles too. Instead of buying employees phones and computers they could just buy phones. Very few jobs need anything with more computing power than new smartphones, most people just use email and office.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I dont know what apple
Did to the iphone 5 but i just accidently dropped it into toilet and the damn thing still works, speakers kinda faded but fixed when i kept hitting the bottom to my hand and now back to normal. I begin to wonder if theyre trying to secretly beat the s5?

CSB phone style

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I dont know what apple
Did to the iphone 5 but i just accidently dropped it into toilet and the damn thing still works, speakers kinda faded but fixed when i kept hitting the bottom to my hand and now back to normal. I begin to wonder if theyre trying to secretly beat the s5?

CSB phone style

Were you pooping, peeing or fapping? I think all of these phones should be water proof really, they're pretty sealed in.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Were you pooping, peeing or fapping? I think all of these phones should be water proof really, they're pretty sealed in.

i was about to piss but i was texting someone and phone somewhat fell off my hands, it was in there for good 3 seconds, immediately turned it off, opened my case and dried. Then turned on and the damn thing works, i played music and it sounded like a blown speaker, i continuously hit the bottom of the phone where the speakers are to my hand and 5 mins later it opened up.

i think i may go with s5 but i have a feeling i'll miss the simplicity of the iPhone.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
i was about to piss but i was texting someone and phone somewhat fell off my hands, it was in there for good 3 seconds, immediately turned it off, opened my case and dried. Then turned on and the damn thing works, i played music and it sounded like a blown speaker, i continuously hit the bottom of the phone where the speakers are to my hand and 5 mins later it opened up.

i think i may go with s5 but i have a feeling i'll miss the simplicity of the iPhone.

:lol: that's how my razr meet its end.

You'll be fine with an android if you want one, it isn't rocket science.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
:lol: that's how my razr meet its end.

You'll be fine with an android if you want one, it isn't rocket science.

actually long ago, my high school buddy did the same thing and posted "i'll never text while pissing again" on Facebook :lol: