GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Microsoft HoloLens. This thing is amazing!

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I saw the articles but hadn't gotten around to reading them yet. When does this reach the XB1?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I must have this.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
2015 equivalent to the flying car. Youll never see it in your lifetime.

I am not so sure about that. This technology isn't really pie in the sky in fact there are working versions created and many tech. journalist have tested it at a Microsoft technology event. I agree that its still a few years out and I will even go on to say I see realistic virtual reality happening before augmented reality.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I am not so sure about that. This technology isn't really pie in the sky in fact there are working versions created and many tech. journalist have tested it at a Microsoft technology event. I agree that its still a few years out and I will even go on to say I see realistic virtual reality happening before augmented reality.

You sound like you have a good grasp on this so I'll take your word for it. It looks incredibly cool and I hope you're right.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully this will happen. Looks incredible.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Msft over promised in its presentation. It's an amazing platform for sure, but we're not going to see the applications it demoed for at least a decade if not longer. Too much infrastructure to put into place yet.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Msft over promised in its presentation. It's an amazing platform for sure, but we're not going to see the applications it demoed for at least a decade if not longer. Too much infrastructure to put into place yet.

I read an article by a former Microsoft employee who wouldn't break his NDA but said he's used the goggles and they're real. I'll assume the resolution isn't as high as the demo - yet - but it'll get there. It might not be a true hologram, all it's doing is using a Kinnect sensor to draw texture maps scaled at specific distances projecting onto goggles.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's mostly the user interaction that needs work IMO. People demoing it could barely get it to do what they wanted. It's like having a computer before the mouse and keyboard.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
It's mostly the user interaction that needs work IMO. People demoing it could barely get it to do what they wanted. It's like having a computer before the mouse and keyboard.

The ease that the guy was manipulating the holograms was the most unbelievable thing in the video.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
I showed this video to a few of my co-workers at a staff meeting this week. Everyone's mind was blown, especially since we use 3D modeling in our profession (we are an Architrectural & Engineering firm). I personally as an architect would see great value in this as a Design implementation tool!!!

TL;DR... Me want!:thumbsup: