GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Tornado Red MKVI GTI

PaddyMcGrath

BEAUTIFUL!

Ha damn. I've been debating switching my Gunmetal Blue ZE40 for this color.

Yours was the only other MK6 I could find on ZE40s, so I have to thank you for letting me see what they looked like properly. Never seen a set in person before, but they looked great on your car so decided to take a chance.

They're a little darker than I thought they would be, but the finish is really nice. Plus the red anodised valve stems are really neat too.

wayne d

Coming along nicely Paddy. Looks spotlessly clean and awesome photos as always. Recently changed from a Mk5 Gti to a Mk6 Gtd, previously I had a e90 also. But I must say the mk6 is a great car.
I'll look forward to more photos and updates to come.

afctom

Ready to race!
Stunning car mate. I was just reading through your project write up, was the company that you bought the xenons from called xenonzuk? if not, could you point me in their direction, as yours seem brilliant. I too was looking to go down the OEM route but that was in excess of £2.5k in total. No thanks!! Cheers

PaddyMcGrath

Stunning car mate. I was just reading through your project write up, was the company that you bought the xenons from called xenonzuk? if not, could you point me in their direction, as yours seem brilliant. I too was looking to go down the OEM route but that was in excess of £2.5k in total. No thanks!! Cheers

Yup, got them from Zee in xenonzuk :thumbsup:

---

Exhaust is on, Scorpion 3" turbo-back with a high flow cat, resonator and silencers. Much quieter than the de-resonated stock system, but with a completely different exhaust note. I went with the black ceramic tips as they're much stealthier and I'm really happy with the look. Car feels much more free at the top of revs and fuel consumption has been improved too. Will likely de-badge the rear next and blacken the front GTI emblem. Heading North this week for REVO stage two engine & gearbox software...

PaddyMcGrath

I got the car mapped about a month ago with TG Performance NI, who are just outside Belfast. They're an authorised Revo dealer, so was able to get both the engine & DSG software upgraded to Stage 2 at the same time. They also fitted a Revo SPS Pro unit which allows you to change maps (Stock, 95, 97 & 99 Octane) through the MFI, along with monitoring pretty much any parameter you want on custom dashboards within the MFI itself. I had the car logged on TDP's Dynapacks the next day where it made 275bhp & 335lbs/ft

You can read the details here: http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/02/project-gti-the-revo-touch/

Next up, I've brakes ordered and going to try some stickier rubber on the front whilst I get the money together for an LSD.

PaddyMcGrath

Fitted these yesterday...

PaddyMcGrath

Been busy the last few weeks trying to get this over the line before a trackday at Players Classic in Goodwood, UK next month. Since the last update, we've removed the front plate and smoothed the bumper (license plate is on a quick release now) and fitted the rear carbon spoiler. I'm still waiting for the front lip, which was ordered back in February but should have it for Players. I hope. The big change is that it's now running on Air Lift Performance 3H. I still have some fine tuning and final tidying to do, but it's probably 95% there. I'm very, very happy with how it's progressing. I'll have a detailed bit up on Speedhunters soon enough.

ENGLND

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome build, love the sill protectors! Where'd you pick them up? EDIT: I see they are eBay specials :)

Also great to see your from Ireland (I'm orig. from England) - my friend played soccer for Waterford United a few years back, I wonder if you know of him?

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion

Been busy the last few weeks trying to get this over the line before a trackday at Players Classic in Goodwood, UK next month. Since the last update, we've removed the front plate and smoothed the bumper (license plate is on a quick release now) and fitted the rear carbon spoiler. I'm still waiting for the front lip, which was ordered back in February but should have it for Players. I hope. The big change is that it's now running on Air Lift Performance 3H. I still have some fine tuning and final tidying to do, but it's probably 95% there. I'm very, very happy with how it's progressing. I'll have a detailed bit up on Speedhunters soon enough.

holy fuck that looks amazing!! more pics of the stance and spoiler pleaseee:)