GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Passat Halogen Headlights suck

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
So my girlfriend has a 2013 Passat SE with the halogen headlights, man they do not have any output distance on them at night. Besides realigning them what else could I do to increase the brightness for her safety and that won't blind others at night?

looking for some options that are under $200

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Yes, they suck

I increased the voltage thru VagCom and aimed them up a little and that helped a lot.

A lot of the B7 guys recommend these Osram Rallye bulbs for something brighter:
http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

Or you could get a set of aftermarket headlights with HID's, but that's like ~$500

Thanks for the tips. I was planning to aim her lights up. How much did you increase the voltage by?

I would love to install some HID headlights in her car but she's not willing to invest in them even if I cough up half the costs.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks for the tips. I was planning to aim her lights up. How much did you increase the voltage by?

I would love to install some HID headlights in her car but she's not willing to invest in them even if I cough up half the costs.

Don't expect a dramatic increase with upping the voltage (you need a brighter bulb to go with it, ideally), but I think I have it at 13.0 or 13.2. Stock was 12.8 IIRC.

Having fog lights helps too

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Got a pic of what her lights look like? This way we can judge just how low it is.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
wow a lot of big name brands are in the poor/unacceptable(marginal) pile...

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
So I finally wiped out VCDS and upped the voltage on the headlights. Man that made a noticeable difference. My GF is going to drive around for the next week with just the higher voltage and then we'll see if we'll buy better bulbs.

Her passat does not have fog lights unfortunately.