GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Forest Industries

Skidplate1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've ordered from them once and it went smoothly, but I have heard a lot of horror stories of messed up orders and how they screw over their vendors. I would only consider them as a last resort to obtain something.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Ordered 14 x 1.5 mm lug bolts, 3mm spacers, a wheel lock kit, and a wheel wand back towards the end of March. Waited about a week for a tracking ID or at least some kind of update but received nothing so I called and left them a voicemail.

Two days go by and still nothing so I shoot them an email. Two days later I finally get a response saying that they're waiting on my wheel lock kit to come in. Alritey fine, just let me know when you finally ship everything.

By the third week of April I finally got my package but the bolts were 12 mm and not 14 mm. Told Peter at BFI about it and he let me know they're out of stock of the 14 mm and would ship them as soon as they came in. I've been staring at my summer wheels for over a month now and they're just begging to be put on.

A week later I emailed Pete again about the bolts and he tells me they were shipped last week and apologized for not following up with me. They thanked me for my patience and offered me a coupon code to have $25 taken off my next purchase.

Needless to say I will never be doing business with BFI ever again. I'm a fairly patient person and I'm okay with things being out of stock as long as I'm kept in the loop with when they'll be shipped out. I've waited over a month for some stupid lug bolts.

If you live around their facility maybe it's a different story but if you plan on getting everything shipped - STAY AWAY. Save your yourself the headache and look somewhere else.

I'm experiencing another horror story with BFI thanks to me misplacing my wheel lock key. Luckily I remembered what the wheel lock code # was and have been in communication with Pete about sending me replacement keys, but I guess the vendor currently doesn't have my wheel lock keys in stock.

Hopefully BFI can redeem itself. I realize that the vendor not having the wheel keys in stock is nothing BFI can control but hopefully they can somehow get them to speed up the process. I hate driving knowing I could be left stranded thanks to a dumb nail or sneaky pothole...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm experiencing another horror story with BFI thanks to me misplacing my wheel lock key. Luckily I remembered what the wheel lock code # was and have been in communication with Pete about sending me replacement keys, but I guess the vendor currently doesn't have my wheel lock keys in stock.

Hopefully BFI can redeem itself. I realize that the vendor not having the wheel keys in stock is nothing BFI can control but hopefully they can somehow get them to speed up the process. I hate driving knowing I could be left stranded thanks to a dumb nail or sneaky pothole...

Get one from the dealership. This doesn't have anything to do with BFI.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Let me tell you about the thing that really irritates me about BFI. It's not their customer service, it's their business model. Let's unpack the description of their shift boot.

After you upgrade to a BFI shift knob, the first thing you notice is just how much the factory shift boot is lacking. We now offer specific fitment shift boot options in various materials to compliment your new shift knob.

Translation: "We designed our $150 shift knob to fit poorly, so that we can also sell you an $80 boot."

They would have sold plenty of shift boots just by offering a variety of materials and colors; there was no reason to design a sales pitch into their shift knobs. It's a crappy thing to do, and it really puts me off of buying anything else from them.