GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
I would steer well clear of that if I were you. It was posted by a sketchy user account named 'GtiGolf' - 1st post, no other posts since, and the original post removed or deleted.

They claimed they had tested it and linked photos taken of an RCD HU on a desk with large monitor in the background. Similar to this actually -https://youtu.be/pWMK3A17Zio?t=145

Any ideas who it could be or why they would want to maliciously sabotage other peoples HU's?

You mean i share that link ? And you mean GtiGolf is me ? What you mean for share my youtube link ? Look at google driver file info then you will see who update this firmware and tell to admin for check ip adress GtiGolf and mine then will see who where locate.. stubid guy. I dont see any large screen when he share photo under this firmware and i dont have any hu 5515 . What sabotage you talking about? Happy buldog was make it sabotage and he broke my hu remember.. you guys stubid.. i delate f...ing this forum and i dont care what you guys think about me .. andd.. F... you bobbybasic

Look here first who share this firmware .. its look like other firmware was happy buldog share and here same username accunt from Google drive but different size mb..

Last edited:

Noneoftheabove

Just to warn you guys, someone (everybody knows who) is trying to blame crngiar. Thats not crngiar email, i asked him if he got 5515 firmware but he doesnt have it. DONT TRY THAT FIRMWARE, by the way i bought crngiar rcd330 and its perfect except the siri feedback problem but other car carplay became unstable with iOS 11. in trying to get a iOS 10 iPhone to do a test.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to warn you guys, someone (everybody knows who) is trying to blame crngiar. Thats not crngiar email, i asked him if he got 5515 firmware but he doesnt have it. DONT TRY THAT FIRMWARE, by the way i bought crngiar rcd330 and its perfect except the siri feedback problem but other car carplay became unstable with iOS 11. in trying to get a iOS 10 iPhone to do a test.

Yes i ask him to and say dont have it but i was belive happybuldog and i was try that firmware then my hu was brick and i give notice to evrybody for dont try It because firmware broke my hu

And no body trying to blame crngiar.. i just want say ( google drive ) same username was happybuldog share firmware with us then broke my hu

But this stubid guy bobbybasic try to tell i am the one share firmware.... if i share this, why i was try it first then broke it my hu and warn peoples for dont try... ?

Look here then you will see who blame crngiar

Last edited:

jasmun88

@EGR-guy
Have you noticed any issues on that hardware/firmware version

Anyone can answer this actually. It seems like
187b with Hardware 534 software 5314 Bluetooth c180 is the most popular version with minimal bugs. Just want to make sure before I pull the tigger. Its between that one and one running 5514 with c210

Thanks

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
@EGR-guy

187b with Hardware 534 software 5314 Bluetooth c180 is the most popular version with minimal bugs. Just want to make sure before I pull the tigger. Its between that one and one running 5514 with c210

Thanks

I'm running that setup and overall it's pretty reliable. Only using CarPlay so can't speak for AndroidAuto functionality.

Egbert

I'm running that setup and overall it's pretty reliable. Only using CarPlay so can't speak for AndroidAuto functionality.

Same for me. Completely reliable on CarPlay (although my hardware version is 541). I bought from Aiduauto and it arrived in four working days with no duty to pay. Did the AA firmware upgrade myself and saved a good bit of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Same for me. Completely reliable on CarPlay (although my hardware version is 541). I bought from Aiduauto and it arrived in four working days with no duty to pay. Did the AA firmware upgrade myself and saved a good bit of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Curious, do you have a reversing camera with that?

bobbybasic

@EGR-guy

Thanks

Yes, that’s the one hardware and software combination that worked best for me.

I bought mine from this guy, I had to downgrade from 5515 but the seller was helpful with fast shipping, good communication and the parcel was very well packaged.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crn...32833444755.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.MfmiQM

Don’t bother paying for the 5515 like I did, waste of perfectly good money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
I did this with my Galaxy S8 works perfect for running android auto on my HU , Had mine now for a good month and have not had a single issue with it.

bobbybasic

I did this with my Galaxy S8 works perfect for running android auto on my HU , Had mine now for a good month and have not had a single issue with it.

Very cool, how did you make it?

I’d love to see some more pics if you have time.

I’ve been looking at making something similar to this

https://www.d-docks.com

Something that can slot in one-handed.

I like your solution, very elegant. How tricky to route the cable to that location?

Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
187b with Hardware 534 software 5314 Bluetooth c180 is the most popular version with minimal bugs.

I'm running this unit, and upgraded to Android Auto myself. The only bug i have found is when you're using Android Auto and use "Ok Google!" to send a message or something, it resets the bass and fader in the car and you're unable to change it until you unplug your phone I THINK (That's what i just normally do).

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Yeah essentially all the bugs in this unit stem from the Linux software mixer being horribly broken.

As I've said before if I just paid for a new car and this was how it arrived I'd be very disappointed, especially in VW.

You'd think as features go, a working audio mixer is high up the priority for a head unit in a car.

I mean I'm happy as it's an upgrade over the rcd500 the car came with but it's so close to being amazing and lacking at the finish line.