GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need a Little Help - Accident - Tire Specs

nidude

Hi Guys,
I did a couple search but couldn't find anything on this. I've got an 2010 GTI with Detroit 18" wheels. A guy changed lanes into the passenger side of my car two weeks ago. His fault.

Front tire and rim are being replaced by the Insurance company. My damaged tire had low tread so they are claiming betterment and asking me to pay $138 of the tire cost which they claim to be $238.

The tires on the GTI Pirelli PNero Zero 225/40R18 92H M+S.

Now 92H rated Zeros can be had for $130-160 on tire rack all day long BUT they are not the M+S variation.

The M+S is nearly impossible to find and they ARE expensive when you do.

So the question is; WTF is M+S? and are they really any different than the normal Pirelli PNero Zeros?

I'd really ike to replace the driver side too but I'm really hating that price.

Anyone know the scoop on M+S?

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
"M+S, or M&S: Mud and Snow; A tire that meets the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) and Rubber Association of Canada (RAC) all-season tire definition.[17] These are all-weather tires, with self-cleaning tread and above-average traction in muddy or very light snowy conditions, and for low ambient temperatures. Spike tires have an additional letter, "E" (M+SE)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Hi Guys,
I did a couple search but couldn't find anything on this. I've got an 2010 GTI with Detroit 18" wheels. A guy changed lanes into the passenger side of my car two weeks ago. His fault.

Front tire and rim are being replaced by the Insurance company. My damaged tire had low tread so they are claiming betterment and asking me to pay $138 of the tire cost which they claim to be $238.

The tires on the GTI Pirelli PNero Zero 225/40R18 92H M+S.

Now 92H rated Zeros can be had for $130-160 on tire rack all day long BUT they are not the M+S variation.

The M+S is nearly impossible to find and they ARE expensive when you do.

So the question is; WTF is M+S? and are they really any different than the normal Pirelli PNero Zeros?

I'd really ike to replace the driver side too but I'm really hating that price.

Anyone know the scoop on M+S?

That is awful expensive for a replacement of the OE tire. We have the tire in stock as $137.00 each plus shipping. There is a mixing of terms here. Pirelli used to make a tire called the P-Zero Nero M/S which was replaced by the OE tire for the GTI, the P-Zero Nero A/S. Both tires are M+S rated (M+S and All Season are synonymous).