GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Dial up Failed" problem with Bluetooth - Need of some help

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
For those of you following this:

I found a fix. Drove 6 hours this weekend and did not lose connection once. I hate that I have to do this, but at least my phone stays connected.

The fix:

Play bluetooth music in the background. It does not matter what. You dont even have to listen to it as the bluetooth music still plays even if you are actively listening to the radio, a CD, your iPod, or just mute it. This keeps the current edition of bluetooth (which is found in the iPhone 4s, but apparently not the 3gs or 4) active.

Give it a shot. Report back. :thumbsup:

PCH1

Update:

iOS 6.0 does not resolve this issue! :mad0259:

Come on Apple! WTF! :iono:
Got exactly the same problem with a RCD 510. IO6 or IOS 5 same problem. I wonder if it has anything todo with individual ring tones ( the ones you allocate to certain callers in your contacts). Mine started just after that was done on mine. Have you found a fix??

PCH1

got a two prong fix for mine that works after testing. IOS6 and Iphone 4S.
1. Reset phone.
2. delete phone in MDI
3. re pair with new name
and also
start music on phone when entering car. Some times starts when car turned on automatically.

fixed drop out of calls completely.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
got a two prong fix for mine that works after testing. IOS6 and Iphone 4S.
1. Reset phone.
2. delete phone in MDI
3. re pair with new name
and also
start music on phone when entering car. Some times starts when car turned on automatically.

fixed drop out of calls completely.

Playing BT music is a fix because it keeps BT active, but it is only a bandaid. I never had to play BY music in the past to keep the cell phone connected. The issue is with the BT software. Apparently Apple did something with iOS 5.0 to address another BT issue and now BT resets on its own for a moment every so often.

Still hoping a fix comes through from Apple.

peekay341

Passed Driver's Ed
Factory Defaulted phone
I have had my 4s phone replaced by Apple.
I have has a new Bluetooth Kit from Volkswagen
I have upgraded to IOS 6
An I still get Dial Up Failed it is giving me the shits!!!

SRT2GTI

Banned
I have the same issue. It seems that ever since I updated my iphone 3Gs to iOS6, the RNS315 bluetooth is having difficulty conneting to the phone. When it does finally connect after numerous attempts, I get the "dial up failed" message. This is really starting to piss me off! I do have an appointment set-up at the dealership, but I have little faith that they will actually fix it.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
I have the same issue. It seems that ever since I updated my iphone 3Gs to iOS6, the RNS315 bluetooth is having difficulty conneting to the phone. When it does finally connect after numerous attempts, I get the "dial up failed" message. This is really starting to piss me off! I do have an appointment set-up at the dealership, but I have little faith that they will actually fix it.

It's not a VW issue. It's an Apple issue. They reset the BT module to do "something" and now it disconnects when not active. Playing BT songs in the background upon starting the car is a band aid fix, but still not what it was made to do.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Just keeping this updated.

I've still not found a perfect solution to the BT issue. Playing music in the background (even if you are listening to the radio or CD or your plugged in MP3 player) is a bandaid fix, but not a permanent fix, nor an acceptable fix.

Apple...WFT! :paddle: