GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rcd 310? Anyone know which has hd radio?

Intenz888

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 GTI that came with a Rcd 510 but no hd radio. I don't really care for the touch screen or the Sirius. Does anyone know which rcd 310 comes w hd radio?

Last edited:

t0eknee

Passed Driver's Ed
You do care for touch/Sirius or you don't? The typos make it kinda hard to follow.
I know the 'E' model of the RCD-510 has HD Radio. I'm not sure if any of the -310s have it available.

Intenz888

Ready to race!
Thank you for your answer, yeh, i didn't notice the typos until just now. The reason why I ask is because the version of the RCD 510 I had in my 2010 sounded horrible. The Sirius Radio sounded flat, it sounded as if it was a really bad compressed mp3. So I should look for version E. As for the RCD 310, the difference from the 510 is touch screen and Sirius Radio w/ multi disk?

t0eknee

Passed Driver's Ed
A friend with a '10 Jetta Wolfsburg said that he can tell my E model has a crisper/brighter screen. Anything E or greater should be ok.

Some 310 models came with Sirius, my Golf didn't but I've seen some for sale here in the classified ads. But yah HD Radio, touch screen, onscreen phone contacts if you have the BT module in the car, 6 disk changer, and the SD card slot are the main differences between the two models.