GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Magnaflow Installed

A_Bowers

9 bucks. Saves me from having to get back under the car.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
304 steel won't look like that MF. Hell the eBay cbe uses 304. I'm very close to trying that one.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Did you spray the whole exhaust with that lol?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

i bought my magnaflow cbe used, so it had some surface rust...i sanded it down and painted it my whole exhaust with VHT flame proof black paint but left the exhaust tips polished...gives it a nice stealthy look as you can't really see the exhaust piping since it's black

A_Bowers

Never did. No issues AT ALL. Looked just like my UR downpipe when I pulled it off

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

m3bs

Passed Driver's Ed
Since this seems to be the biggest Magnaflow CBE thread.....

Any DSG owners disappointed with the sound of the MF in auto mode? I'd like a bit more exhaust note, but don't want it to sound like a droning '85 Accord automatic with a fart can exhaust.

jscofi

Passed Driver's Ed

can we see it all painted up
aka get back under again and take a pic. ahhaha

Jpac175

Ready to race!
Why not? Its probably matte so it protects the exhaust and you cant see it. Win win.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

I thought it was clear, and that he used it to stop the rust. Black is cool, stealthy and also won't rust! So yes a win win

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Since this seems to be the biggest Magnaflow CBE thread.....

Any DSG owners disappointed with the sound of the MF in auto mode? I'd like a bit more exhaust note, but don't want it to sound like a droning '85 Accord automatic with a fart can exhaust.

Sounds perfect with the stock downpipe.

If/when you upgrade to an aftermarket downpipe though, then it can get a little loud & some drone

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
How did you get that price? It shows $699 for a 2010 gti. Was there a coupon code to use?

I used the make an offer button. I saw some other people actually got them cheaper so I just put in a lowball offer and got an email later saying $471 was the lowest they'd go. Done deal after that.