GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do I mount the TomTom iPhone car kit on my GTI?

sabutin

The TomTom iPhone car kit only has a suction cup w/which it can be mounted. 2010 GTI doesn't have a flat surface on the dashboard area and the windshield is raked too steeply to be able to see the TomTom readout. I could mount it on the radio screen but it's a touch screen...will I mess it up?

I've been leaving it in the center cupholder area but I can't easily see the maps when I'm driving. Anybody solved this problem yet?

Thanks...

S.

lmlloyd

Ready to race!
I have not solved your problem. I don't own an iPhone. I am an Android guy.

That said, TomTom sells an adhesive disk that can replace the suction cup, Maybe that would help you find a better place to mount it? And by the way, yes you can damage your car's touchscreen by sticking the suction cup or adhesive disk there.

I don't know what to tell you. There are plenty of iPhone mounts out there that can mount the phone any number of different ways, but they don't have the integrated GPS of the TomTom mount. I have my Android phone down in the console in front of the shifter myself. I don't like things mounted in the window. If you put the phone in some sort of case that has a slightly sticky surface (like some of those jelly cases), then it won't slide sitting on top of the door to the venter console ashtray/cubby.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
There are several ways to go. One way is the adhesive disk as mentioned, and then there is the friction mount: http://amzn.to/cf6UDQ

The tomtom hardware doesn't let you adjust the angle? It looks similar to the mount on my tomtom GPS. I have been mounting it in the lower left hand corner without a problem (the suction cup has a locking thing so you have to turn it after sticking it on.

lemarin

Ready to race!
Here's the best setup for phone/PDA/gps holder:

All you need to add is the proper holder adapted to your GPS

tzd

Ready to race!
Here's the best setup for phone/PDA/gps holder:

All you need to add is the proper holder adapted to your GPS

Be careful with the Kuda mount - you have to tear the center console apart to fit it in. If you know how to do it, please let me know.