GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trip to Germany

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

random pic of me and the porsche, aww the good old days.

sdvictor

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, an Astra 1.7 diesel compared to a Mercedes. :rolleyes:
I have driven faster in my old Audi and it is not the top speed that matters. If you have ever topped out a 'slow' car and cruised at its maximum speed, you will realize that it is a ALOT scarier that driving at said speed in a faster car.

Relax, i'm just kidding! :)

Also, the Merc was 180, which has slightly more power than a Corolla base engine; so it wasn't that fast.

sdvictor

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All;

I was in Germany last weekend, motherland of GTI....They have great roads to drive and the most interesting thing is that generally they do not have speed limit on their motorways, I was quite exciting about this and have to tell you it is good feeling to push the gas pedal to the top speed without thinking cops:) I highly recommend anyone to drive there:thumbup:

BTW, if you have time:

Nuerburgring:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/

sabine schmidt!:
http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/fascination/ring_taxi/index.html

If you're in Munich, Ingolstadt, Wolfburg, Stuttgart or Dusseldorf check out the factory tours. (BMW, Audi, VW, MB, Ford)

SVS

Passed Driver's Ed
Agree that Germany is good driving, have been there quite a few times, but also found many sections of Autobahn have speed limits. One experience that was a little crazy was my German buddy driving our families in a VW wagon (I think a Multivan?) over 100mph.

Seen the VW musuem & HQ in Wolfsburg, impressive, and the BMW one in Munich, thought that was a long while back.

The best part of the driving for me, however, is not the Autobahn itself, I really enjoy the twisty, mountain roads in the south a lot more, for example near the Austrian border. Have driven back and forth a few times, including the approach to Neuschwanstein from Austria - that is fun and really scenic too! The rental cars I had were mostly VWs, like a manual Passat and a Golf TDI, both fun. I guess its personal choice, but I find twisty roads a lot more fun than straight roads and top speed.

And talking of fancy cars, seems Abu Dhabi is one of the best places. Its routine to see 911 Turbos and R8s and Nissan GTRs. Driving around the city will also catch frequent glimpses of Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lambos and SLRs. However the really unique ones I've managed to spot on the road here have been a Porsche Carrera GT, a Veyron, an Enzo and a Mclaren F1!!!

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
You are right...reach Gulf area countries crazy about expensivecar...
I was in Doha 4 years ago for couple of months and saw those super cars around...and fuel prices less than water makes it amazing:23:

Agree that Germany is good driving, have been there quite a few times, but also found many sections of Autobahn have speed limits. One experience that was a little crazy was my German buddy driving our families in a VW wagon (I think a Multivan?) over 100mph.

Seen the VW musuem & HQ in Wolfsburg, impressive, and the BMW one in Munich, thought that was a long while back.

The best part of the driving for me, however, is not the Autobahn itself, I really enjoy the twisty, mountain roads in the south a lot more, for example near the Austrian border. Have driven back and forth a few times, including the approach to Neuschwanstein from Austria - that is fun and really scenic too! The rental cars I had were mostly VWs, like a manual Passat and a Golf TDI, both fun. I guess its personal choice, but I find twisty roads a lot more fun than straight roads and top speed.

And talking of fancy cars, seems Abu Dhabi is one of the best places. Its routine to see 911 Turbos and R8s and Nissan GTRs. Driving around the city will also catch frequent glimpses of Aston Martins, Ferraris, Lambos and SLRs. However the really unique ones I've managed to spot on the road here have been a Porsche Carrera GT, a Veyron, an Enzo and a Mclaren F1!!!

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Im thinking about driving the Nurburgring this saturday... ANYONE DOWN?????

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Goddammit!

YOu guys got me thinking abt Germany, Autobahn, and the 'Ring. Makes me really miss it so much!

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Im thinking about driving the Nurburgring this saturday... ANYONE DOWN?????

i will try to make it. i saw a few gti's when i was over there last weekend. hopefully its not foggy, arrghh darn fog. im kind of nervous to get my car out there cuz ive been watching videos on youtube of people crashing and spinning out. to many what ifs. i would like to try the ring taxi sometime. im gonna be in germany for another three years so there is plenty of potential at the ring.:rolleyes: