GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$49k Used Golf-R

qshashaa

Ready to race!
Oh dear lord I have created a monster...

I'm happy my thread caused plenty of lolz and speculation though. Very satisfying.

Selling a modded car like this takes the fun out of modding, and appeals to people that want the made-fast car without the hassle of making it fast themselves. If anyone has the money to buy this, PM me and ill tell you how to spend 20k on a R the right way. 20k you can build the 2.0TFSI engine.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Matt, tell him you know Arin!!!! LOLOLOL! Tell him you were recently at the APR BBQ at the APR headquarters in Opelika....

What a maroon.

So proud of golfmk6 on this. Well done!

VentoGT

Ready to race!
Golf R with out golf R LEDs?

Sorry, but you're a fecking idiot to pay $50K for a modded R. Nice 993 with room for another car to dick around with day to day for that kind of money.

Not to derail the thread, but dude where did you get the Martini sticker for your steering wheel??!??!?!?!

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I asked him how he got 20k out of that and sent him this,

APR Intercooler - $1049.99
APR TBE - $1912.49
APR HPFP - $1099.99
Intake - $599.99
Short Shifter - $249.99
NEUSPEED Hi-FLO turbo discharge pipe - $169.99
VWR 5mm interlocking hub spacers - $179.99
BBK - $2799.99
Springs - $329.00
BBS CH-R - $660/wheel = $2640
Tires - Aprox. $1000 (high end estimate)
Matte wrap - wraps usually cost about $600-$700

This brings me to a total of $11,731.42. Now you are definitely tuned but didn't list it so lets add that in.

Stage 2+ tune - $549.99
Total - 12,281.41

I didn't put in the G2 calipers because I couldn't find pricing for them but they won't be 7.8k.

Can you explain where this 20k in mods comes from?

A good vinyl wrap is actually closer to $3-4K, which would bring the grand total to around $14K. And that doesn't count labor costs for all the performance mods, which could really add up depending on how much the previous owner was able to install on his own. This guy might have actually invested closer to $20K than we thought, but the dealer is crazy if they think they're going to recoup the previous owner's investment with a modded used car.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
A good vinyl wrap is actually closer to $3-4K, which would bring the grand total to around $14K. And that doesn't count labor costs for all the performance mods, which could really add up depending on how much the previous owner was able to install on his own. This guy might have actually invested closer to $20K than we thought, but the dealer is crazy if they think they're going to recoup the previous owner's investment with a modded used car.

hmm I didn't know they got that high. I guess it depends where they got it done and if it was done properly.

Either way the guy emailed me back and said he assumes the rest of the money is from labour costs. They are used parts so the fact I quoted him at brand new prices was generous enough never mind these guys asking for someone to pay the labour costs. I bet if you knocked off the hit they would take on selling the parts used it would get you closer to the appropriate cost of the wrap and to be honest a wrap shouldn't add value to a car. If the car was repainted a different color would you expect to get more for the car? I wouldn't.

Halvie

WOOSA
Selling a modded car like this takes the fun out of modding, and appeals to people that want the made-fast car without the hassle of making it fast themselves. If anyone has the money to buy this, PM me and ill tell you how to spend 20k on a R the right way. 20k you can build the 2.0TFSI engine.

the fun.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
$50000?!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!

Ill take a 335is or an S4 mkay theeeenks.

"Hey guys check out my golf yaris.. Only fifty thousand dollars."

Face palms and bewildered looks all around...

"Yeah, but its got all these APR upgrades and... and..."

Jesus, people are insane. Mind officially blown.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Ill take a 335is or an S4 mkay theeeenks.

Maybe the buyer would want a hatch, not a sedan. But for 50 grand, I'd have an S3 *shipped*/imported from Europe for that money. Or some other eurohatch that I may not know about.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
It is matte....I mean, lots of exotics do it...

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Not sure where my comment went, so I'll make it again-

Whomever buys this will take a $25k bath the minute they pull off the lot. That's almost enough money lost to buy another stock Golf R.

Or, for $1k more, they could go buy a new Corvette with a warranty that is waaaay faster.

Bender1

Banned
Not sure where my comment went, so I'll make it again-

Whomever buys this will take a $25k bath the minute they pull off the lot. That's almost enough money lost to buy another stock Golf R.

Or, for $1k more, they could go buy a new Corvette with a warranty that is waaaay faster.

you posted in the wrong thread last night :)