GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie from West Midland, UK

Nickw88

Hi guys.

I'm new on here and just wanted to showcase my new car.

I've come from two RenaultSports prior to this car and this is my first diesel so a bit of a change to say the least! It's got great torque and low range revs although noticeably slower than my Renaults with their tuned petrol engines, especially from a standing start. The MPG is great too, almost doubles my previous cars averaging 20-25 MPG! Spec wise, I've got the 510 touchscreen and leather heated seats as well as 3 doors (as I'm sure you can tell) plus manual not DSG.

I'm using this car as a daily including business travel/visits so don't have many plans for changes (unlike previous cars) other than perhaps a remap and retrofit of xenons with DRL's. I may even have a look at the DIY options although worried about cocking something up.

The photos are only quick iPhone pictures but once the better weather arrives I'll be out with my DSLR looking for some nice photo spots!

If there's any one who can offer any advice or suggestions then I'm all ears, especially any one in the UK. Thanks for looking.

nethystevo

Hi guys.

I'm new on here and just wanted to showcase my new car.

I've come from two RenaultSports prior to this car and this is my first diesel so a bit of a change to say the least! It's got great torque and low range revs although noticeably slower than my Renaults with their tuned petrol engines, especially from a standing start. The MPG is great too, almost doubles my previous cars averaging 20-25 MPG! Spec wise, I've got the 510 touchscreen and leather heated seats as well as 3 doors (as I'm sure you can tell) plus manual not DSG.

I'm using this car as a daily including business travel/visits so don't have many plans for changes (unlike previous cars) other than perhaps a remap and retrofit of xenons with DRL's. I may even have a look at the DIY options although worried about cocking something up.

The photos are only quick iPhone pictures but once the better weather arrives I'll be out with my DSLR looking for some nice photo spots!

If there's any one who can offer any advice or suggestions then I'm all ears, especially any one in the UK. Thanks for looking.

Hi Nick, you still in the golf scene and in the UK? Could do with some tips myself ?