GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of selling my GTI

chip1

Ready to race!
2014 GTI. 19,000 miles. How much do you think I could get selling myself?

Kbb said like $19,000. Does that sound right?

I would put it back to stock besides the H&R Springs.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

How much do you lose out on though doing that? I'm happily going to wait untill mk8s haha. No car payment ftw.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

depending on where you are in the US yeah 19k is about right. why sell?

chip1

Ready to race!
Looking at getting an Audi Allroad. Found one not through a dealer that I have interest in.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Looking at getting an Audi Allroad. Found one not through a dealer that I have interest in.

going from a mid level unreliable car to the least reliable car in history is always a good choice ;););););)

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
going from a mid level unreliable car to the least reliable car in history is always a good choice ;););););)

As long as it's a newer one with the 3.0T it'll be fine. The old Allroads with the POS 2.7TT were awful. The newer supercharged 3.0 is probably one of the most reliable motors the VAG group has ever produced.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
As long as it's a newer one with the 3.0T it'll be fine. The old Allroads with the POS 2.7TT were awful. The newer supercharged 3.0 is probably one of the most reliable motors the VAG group has ever produced.

understood.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
The price you listed seems about right. Selling a modded car is tougher. Even if you remove your mods the lowering springs will turn some folks away. When I was shopping for my GTI I saw several nice cars that were lowered so I kept on looking. I'm not saying you won't be able to sell your car just that you are narrowing the field of potential buyer.

It's your call, but I would stay away from an Audrey Allroad. Good luck with your sale.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
A 2014 Wolf with only 19,000 on the clock? I'd buy it between $17-$20k, if I were looking.

Unless you sold your stock springs, I would also highly suggest putting them back on... Modifications could turn off potential buyers.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
$19k seems on the high side, even with the low mileage

That is (and is creeping into) MK7 pricing territory

StrigaMort

Ready to race!
The only mods I find acceptable (for the most part) are non-performance things like really well done stereo equipment or minor things like the blue "euro" blind spot mirrors. I almost didn't contact the owner of the car before me to look at it because it has an APR s1 reflash.

I hope you do very well with your possible sale and purchase.

2010 GTI 6mt, Autobahn, APR Stage 1 tune, Freakishly Clean

atikovi

Ready to race!
Price sounds OK but as the last year of the MK6, most buyers would move up to a MK7 with a little more miles for the same money. You have low miles but your factory warranty is almost done so MK6 buyers can get low mileage 2010-12 cars for much less money.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
If you want to make the move, do it. I have a 2010, never been in the rain, 9800 miles on it, no mods, other than you can drive and the DVD RNS 510 will play. Car is like new, love the car, couldn't/wouldn't possibly sell it for what any book says it is worth.

Even the exhaust chrome tips look like new, lol.

Three cars, a truck and a motorcycle, can't drive them all everyday.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
That's almost as crazy as the 2013 with 578 miles in the classifieds. When I bought my MK6 it was 18 months old and already had 89,000 miles on it!:bellyroll:

Yeah, i think the 578 car was a damaged dealer car, whereas mine have just have low mileage because of all the vehicles we have and just really taken care of, i am a little anal, the exhaust tips on the turbo beetle and gti, still look like they were on an undriven car on the showroom. lol

Besides the cars, motorcycle (Harley) that i drive on most of the nice days, and truck listed; my wife has a 2017 Passat and that is what we drive when we go somewhere, kind of our all weather car, everything else is in a garage. The truck also is an all weather vehicle.

If you add all the miles from each, then we are driving a normal amount. The beetle also has very low mileage, i may give them, the gti and beetle to the grand kids. Or sell them who knows, not really an issue. I do enjoy driving each of them on nice days, they all seem and really are new in my eyes, and they have extended warranties that were very reasonable, again because of the low mileage.

Last edited: