GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Broken

Dtractus

Hello guys! First of all sorry for my bad English. (From Turkey) :)
I have a question about ECU.
My ecu broken. I didnt find my ecu (03L 906 023 A) in Turkey. I found Caddy ECU ( 03L 906 023 PK).
My friend copied my ECU for Re-Map.
So, can i use Caddy ECU after change my original eeprom and install my old map?

Thank you all.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hello guys! First of all sorry for my bad English. (From Turkey) :)
I have a question about ECU.
My ecu broken. I didnt find my ecu (03L 906 023 A) in Turkey. I found Caddy ECU ( 03L 906 023 PK).
My friend copied my ECU for Re-Map.
So, can i use Caddy ECU after change my original eeprom and install my old map?

Thank you all.

I take it you have a 1.6TDI? I don't know nothing about the "Caddy". If you already have the ECU, you could give it a try and reflash using K-Tag, that would ensure a complete rewrite of the ECU, at this point you have nothing to loose. If you haven't already purchased the ECU then I would pass and search eBay for one from the VW Polo, prolly more compatible with the same features of the Golf. Those last letters numbers in the last part of the part number (PK) make a difference.

Good Luck !

Dtractus

I take it you have a 1.6TDI? I don't know nothing about the "Caddy". If you already have the ECU, you could give it a try and reflash using K-Tag, that would ensure a complete rewrite of the ECU, at this point you have nothing to loose. If you haven't already purchased the ECU then I would pass and search eBay for one from the VW Polo, prolly more compatible with the same features of the Golf. Those last letters numbers in the last part of the part number (PK) make a difference.

Good Luck !

Thank you for reply!

Yes i have a 1.6 TDi. I purchased ECU.
Caddy's engine code is CAYD, mine CAYB.
I will try with K-Tag.
Also, my friend said me, HW and SW number can cause problem. Do you know anything about this problem?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for reply!

Yes i have a 1.6 TDi. I purchased ECU.
Caddy's engine code is CAYD, mine CAYB.
I will try with K-Tag.
Also, my friend said me, HW and SW number can cause problem. Do you know anything about this problem?

It can, there are identifying references used for compatibility. Example the "check sum" of the Tune from your car may not match the requirements of the ECU, no way to tell until you try.

To prevent the "check sum" problem you could K-Tag the "new ECU" and get the check sum off the Original Tune before you reflash with the tune from your car. You can use a program like Titinium or WinOLS to fix the check sum.

Good Luck !

Last edited:

spacewalker

first start engine with new ECU, then if you guy with ktag is good, he will transfer map from old to new and make new ECU as old one