GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody else tap the gas when they're engine braking just to reset the crackles?

4 months later and I still drive around trying to get the most out of my crackles all the time lol
i always accelerate when not needed to dump the crackles.. my gas mileage is poop because i am a child.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
i always accelerate when not needed to dump the crackles.. my gas mileage is poop because i am a child.

:drinking:

Yesterday I made a lady jump. I was pulling onto a side road from a parking lot so I could get on 41. It wasn't a very long distance to 41 so I kept it in first gear and got it up to about 4k rpms and let off the throttle.

She was facing the opposite direction and talking on her cell phone, so she had no idea I was coming up behind her.

I got 1 single loud pop just as I was about to pass...She jumped and turned around so quickly. I think she may have seen me smirk. I thought it was pretty funny, she probably didn't.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
So I was looking on the stratified site tonight to possible move over to the AP from APR and I noticed it now says the Crackle Tune may not work with a BOV. Is this a “may not work” or it will not work and can someone explain why that is.

Laimface

Ready to race!

I'm a bigger one! I rinse through fuel..... Good thing my detailing side business pays for my loud pedal!!

UberFast

Ready to race!
I'm a bigger one! I rinse through fuel..... Good thing my detailing side business pays for my loud pedal!!
I don't have the patience needed to detail cars. I do some welding and generic car work on the side.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
Changing my injectors as I type this. Pretty sure these were the cause of my fueling issue. Why the heck would this thing be covered in oil?! Blow by? God I hope not. Maybe the injector didn't have a good seal and oil leak down around it, I don't know.

11gti718

Ready to race!
Changing my injectors as I type this. Pretty sure these were the cause of my fueling issue. Why the heck would this thing be covered in oil?! Blow by? God I hope not. Maybe the injector didn't have a good seal and oil leak down around it, I don't know.

Hopefully. That injector look nasty. Are you cleaning your vavles while its open ?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
if its only 1 injector i would think it would be the seal.

UberFast

Ready to race!
if its only 1 injector i would think it would be the seal.
Yea it was just one injector covered in oil. They all 4 looked like crap though, covered in carbon. My fueling looks better now and my injection times dropped from near 10ms to mid 7's during WOT. My STFT's still look like crap though. I've been fighting this with Alex for a while now. I can't figure it out. I've triple and quadruple checked everything for leaks and haven't found any. Brand new O2 sensor, injectors, lpfp and 6.6 bar filter, cleaned the maf sensor. Nothings working. My trims are fluctuating up and down during WOT and Alex told me it was most likely a leak in the charge system or around the O2 sensor. I've fixed every leak I've found and they still fluctuate.

indosilver

Looking into the flash tune for my newly bolted on catless DP/exhaust, i also have an intake and the AP. Is there any other things i should look into before grabbing a tune and sticking with this setup for a while?

nagokart

Ready to race!
Looking into the flash tune for my newly bolted on catless DP/exhaust, i also have an intake and the AP. Is there any other things i should look into before grabbing a tune and sticking with this setup for a while?
That's pretty much what I've been running minus the exhaust. If yours is a 6MT, I would maybe look into upgrading the clutch so you could get the high torque tune. My clutch gave out very shortly after tuning it even with the low torque tune. If yours is a DSG, ignore what I said.

indosilver

That's pretty much what I've been running minus the exhaust. If yours is a 6MT, I would maybe look into upgrading the clutch so you could get the high torque tune. My clutch gave out very shortly after tuning it even with the low torque tune. If yours is a DSG, ignore what I said.

Yea i'm a 6mt guy, the clutch already feels mushy so it's probably time for something different anyways. I'll have to look up recommended clutch upgrades, i used to drive an s2000 with a stg3 clutch and that thing gave me knee pain like no other!

Really i just wanted to avoid missing any obvious stuff before i go through with the tune. Clutch is now on the list, thanks!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
R8 coilpacks are another thing worth mentioning. I blew a coilpack driving home after getting tuned with APR. The red R8 coilpacks seem to be pretty reliable.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So I was looking on the stratified site tonight to possible move over to the AP from APR and I noticed it now says the Crackle Tune may not work with a BOV. Is this a “may not work” or it will not work and can someone explain why that is.

while im not sure how thr crackles work, i imagine they're pressure driven. BOV releases pressure from the system, possibly not allowing the crackles to form? just a guess.