GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low Inventory in California on 2013 Golfs?

guachiman

I've been looking for a 2013 Golf 4-door gray or black with the convenience + sunroof package (sunroof mostly b/c that package has steering wheel controls and Sirius). Anyway I went to two dealerships in Orange County and test drove and am now certain I want this vehicle. The salesman was very nice but he could not locate my desired car in the entire state of California in my desired colors. All they have are reds and whites which I simply do not like. He also said it could be end of Feb by the time I find it :yikes:

I checked inventory on several dealerships and it seems he is right. What's more, on vw.com when I build my vehicle the "National Matches" indicator states big fat zero

Does this seem right? I have been out of the US for 7 years so I have not car shopped in years. I was just curious to see what information more knowledgeable people on these forums could possibly share and any ideas for me. I don't want to settle on something I don't want even though I am in need of a car very soon. Thanks!

jni3

Ready to race!
I looked for a certain vehicle regarding that nation wide search on vw.com. When I contacted the dealership, the sales guy told me it wasn't there nor was this particular car going there. You could always reference cars.com to try to locate it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
May have something to do with the wind down of golf production.

guachiman

OK thanks for the feedback. I may see about TDI if I can stretch my budget a bit if something doesn't come up. The lots seem to have tons of TDIs and GTIs but very few basic Golfs. The monthly payments on those is just a touch more than I budgeted for myself. Of course there is also CPO but I was really hoping for a new vehicle... anyway, I will try to be patient for now since I can walk to work... but would really love to stop borrowing my sister's car for errands.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
the 2.5 golf will be much cheaper to own than a GTI/TDI. I'd go that route if money is tight.

misaka

Ready to race!
I checked around here. The brooklyn dealer has some 4 door 2.5 golfs automatic with sunroof etc. They don't list the color on either one, which might be why it doesn't come up on search

http://www.vwofbrooklyn.com/

But at that price it's a bit crazy 23k for a golf to get sirius and steering wheel controls? If you want the sirius and leatherwrapped steering wheel and controls... A Tiguan would be a good buy at the same price. They all come standard with those features. 4 doors... plus you get the 2.0T engine. As long as you don't need a sunroof. Plus they have some really good deals on leasing or sale for those atm.

I just got my mom a Tiguan S 4 motion and I'd take it over a golf at the same price any day. (would be FWD for the same price obviously)

jni3

Ready to race!
have you been looking for possible 2012's left out there?