GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP: Looking for LED turn signal bulbs & rear fog light bulb

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running Ed's LED tails right now, proper coding & no errors. I've been searching for some time now on purchasing the proper "no-error" LED bulbs to replace the rear fog as well as the turn signals.

Can someone link me to known-working (non-error) bulbs that will work? I guess I'll need 1 red led and 2 yellow for the turns.

JhnR

Banned

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this back up... still looking for a RED 7440 bulb (assuming 21w) for my rear fog light. The Ed's tails I got only had the white bulb in the rear tail light so when I activate the rear fog it shines up white. Booooo.

Preferably error free LED (if they even make that?)

it's because you bought the non fog option.. :bonk:

they aren't a simple bulb change. its integrated into the taillight with 3 super bright leds. and cannot be taken out if you had to option for rear fog.

sure you can add a bulb to your no fog option tailights, but won't look oem.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Led signals are easy nowadays. Just grab some 7w CREE bulbs off fleabay and no error and super bright LEDs. They pull the same juice as halogen bulbs so no error. Just make sure you check the size twice, sometimes they are super long.

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
it's because you bought the non fog option.. :bonk:

they aren't a simple bulb change. its integrated into the taillight with 3 super bright leds. and cannot be taken out if you had to option for rear fog.

sure you can add a bulb to your no fog option tailights, but won't look oem.

I got the taillights from Ed and they're NOT the OEM ones. I went back in his email to double check and he said, quote "For the rear fog option, you just need to replace the reverse bulb with a red one."

So that's why I'm at where I'm at... just need a bright red alternative thus is why I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one

jikhead

Ready to race!
You should've checked the private parts listings; I have the Bold Sport rear turn signal LEDs for sale that I never used. Hopefully someone else will come along and buy them from me!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Led signals are easy nowadays. Just grab some 7w CREE bulbs off fleabay and no error and super bright LEDs. They pull the same juice as halogen bulbs so no error. Just make sure you check the size twice, sometimes they are super long.

All I see are 5w... do you happen to know of any specific bulbs known to work?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
All I see are 5w... do you happen to know of any specific bulbs known to work?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

See, that's the issue I'm finding. I'm trying to find some KNOWN WORKING sets that I can buy with confidence. I've already wasted like 30 bucks on speculation from reading the threads. Not finding any 7w RED 921 bulbs anywhere.

I got the taillights from Ed and they're NOT the OEM ones. I went back in his email to double check and he said, quote "For the rear fog option, you just need to replace the reverse bulb with a red one."

So that's why I'm at where I'm at... just need a bright red alternative thus is why I'm asking. I know I'm not the only one

okay, ED sold you a non fog option LOL :D. and told you to swap in a bulb for one of the reverse lights. The reps have leds in them just like oem. :D if you want I can post pics for you.

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
okay, ED sold you a non fog option LOL :D. and told you to swap in a bulb for one of the reverse lights. The reps have leds in them just like oem. :D if you want I can post pics for you.

Yea, that's what happened actually. I get it now. I may just sell these & get the OEM's since everything is coded and ready to go. Tired of looking for bulbs

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
Ha, I didn't catch the fact that on my invoice it said non fog option as well after requesting the fog so I'm doing the exact same thing as you. Ed sent me some halogen red bulbs to swap in so it's okish, but I want a super bright red LED