GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price Drop When MK7 Comes Out?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
No one here has a crystal ball and can see into the future.

If the MK7 blows people may be snatching up the MK6 creating continued demand and the same level of discounts. Its a game of wait and see...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
No one here has a crystal ball and can see into the future.

If the MK7 blows people may be snatching up the MK6 creating continued demand and the same level of discounts. Its a game of wait and see...

+1

They don't even have to blow, some people may just not like them.

True story, when the 2005 Corvette was released and like new C5's were in demand my 2004 went up $5k in private party value since some people didn't like the C6 initially. I took advantage.

Don't hold your breath buddy!

krische

vdubber in training
I would expect it to be about the same price point. So when you factor in inflation, it's technically cheaper.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
I hope they make some real changes to the MK7. We need more power to compete, AWD as an option would be nice ( I know it wont happen) Give me a K04 from the factory. If it's detuned oh well, no more K03 baby bitches. I doubt there will be a price drop. If VW axes the MK7 I will not be buying another one. I will go BMW or Audi

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Who knows when/IF the mk 7 golf will even make it here... speculating about a price drop is just ... speculating.

flug2012

Ready to race!
The MK6 will drop because it will be a previous model year car when the MK7 comes out late 2013... Depending on what happens to the Euro, prices may go up since Germany bears the brunt of the European bailout... Pointless to speculate.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
The MK6 already offers AWD and more power as option, its called the Golf R.

Yes, I understand that. I was talking about extending the options on the MK7 GTI. 4motion as an option would be awesome.