GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HU's processor is slow!!!

upnthebid

1983 MK1
I just took delivery of a new mk6 and the processor in the HU seems unusually slow. it takes forever to scroll through the ipod music folders and the unit can't keep up with the commands when the screen is touched. Is this normal or do I have a problem that needs to be addressed with the dealer?

munkey

Ready to race!
must be just you. I dont think anyone else has had a similar problem, and there definitely have not been multiple very long threads on the exact same subject...:)

p3asa

Ready to race!
What head unit is it?

The RNS510 can be a bit slow at first until it has installed the maps and stuff.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Mine's also very slow, I assume(d) it was normal for an iPod interface.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I found it to be very slow as well using the ipod interface. Now I just bluetooth and cue up on the ipod.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
I found it to be very slow as well using the ipod interface. Now I just bluetooth and cue up on the ipod.

You can listen to that? The sound quality over bluetooth is really bad! All the treble is harshly clipped .

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
You can listen to that? The sound quality over bluetooth is really bad! All the treble is harshly clipped .

I agree, but I'll take that over the fustration of waiting for the head unit to scroll down the artist list.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion

brmcmaho

The ipod interface is a bit useless. A better solution than bluetooth is to use the audio-in jack if you dont mind queuing music up on the ipod. Much better quality.

I use the sdcard port for my music. Still lets you queue up on the display, good sound, and much less slow (while still not perfect) than the ipod interface.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yup...the iPod/MDI cable is slow

I thought it was a neat feature and I like it better than the AUX IN I was using on my MKV, but when searching for a song....it's pretty slow

It works, but it's not perfect

munkey

Ready to race!
i just dont get it. its freaking 2010! I don't understand how something so incredibly slow made it to production. It is RIDICULOUSLY slow.