GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone order a new GFB DV+ recently?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
yes i did though i don't feel an difference from the last one lol
Gotcha thanks for the quick reply, ordered from the same seller. Main concern was that its not a fake.

Ill probably feel a difference either way since i just have the stock dv lol

Sent from my Pixel

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My GFB DV+ crapped out a month ago.

Finally worked myself up to change it out again today by putting back in the stock until I can order a new one. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY????!!!!!! WHYYYYY!!!!??????? Does it have to be so damn impossible to reach the 3 bolts or put your damn hand in there to work with it???!!!!!!! Please somebody explain that to me. Sorry, venting here.

I literally came back from my mother's house 30 minutes ago on my attempt and only got the lower bolt out and gave up. I couldn't fit any of my damn tools in there with all the different adapters and lengths to get any torque whatsoever on the bolts. I honestly have zero idea how I did it the first time which was probably 2 years ago. Did my hands grow since then??? Wtf happened???? I'm so pissed, sorry.

Now I got to contemplate paying a damn shop to do what I could ALMOST do if I had I don't know, midget hands? Whack a$$ tools? I'm pretty damn sure I'm using the same ones I did 2 years ago. I don't know what it was this time. Ugh I'm so mad. Any tips? Any advice? What the hell else can I do outside of taking it to a shop??

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
It's a pain but I did it just fine with a 1/4 ratchet and a extension. You really gotta find how to put your hand in there to reach certain bolts. It did take me a while though like 30-40min to get the DV out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancifer

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought it was easy to get out with a hex adapter, my biggest problem is I snapped the damn sensor when I was pulling it off. It's staying on fine right now but worried the sensor clip will just fall off since it points down. Not sure what to do.

Joveen

Ready to race!
What's the point buying the rev d if all your using is just the upgraded solenoid from the dv+?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
UPDATE. I just drove my car a little while ago and my CEL went away after over a month with it on for this. Was it that 1 bolt that solved all my problems??? In my eyes, YES! :D :D Let's see how long this lasts! Haha! It's over!!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I use a 1/4 inch ratchet with a 1.5" extension and the necessary socket hex bit. perfect length to fit in there. I can get remove the DV in 1 minute that way

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I thought it was easy to get out with a hex adapter, my biggest problem is I snapped the damn sensor when I was pulling it off. It's staying on fine right now but worried the sensor clip will just fall off since it points down. Not sure what to do.

Happened to me too, I ended up buying a replacement connector off ebay for a few bucks and repinned it. I put a little tape on mine for a week or 2 so until the replacement connector came in and it was fine.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
UPDATE #2 - CEL went back on. I guess it really was just a fluke that the CEL went off after bolting in the 1 screw I took out, lol.

Looks like I'm going to have to work up the motivation to get under there again to truly remove it. Thanks VW for making a piece as simple as that, as hard as f**k to remove. Never cease to amaze me.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
So I got under there with again, remembering that I had borrowed a hex key set on my initial removing of it two years ago. Got it off. Took it apart. Everything looked completely fine still... I lubed up the parts again just to be sure that the oil didn't dry up and honestly it didn't look like it.

Let me ask, should the sensor connection have some oil around it? It seemed like a reasonable amount of oil had made it's way there and the sensor connectors had oil on them. I wiped some of it down that I could.

Put the diverter valve back together with the GFB parts relubed and stuck it back in. Turned car on, still CEL is on and car feels like shieet. What else would throw the P0299 code?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
So i finally installed the dv+, but after the install my intake definitely seems louder at least i think its the intake. (Neuspeed Pflo ). Definitely more flutter, ( when i let off the throttle). Don't think its normal.

My car definitely sounds like this fellow mk6forum users gti ( Laimface)

But before i go disasambling the everything i want to make sure im not going crazy lol
Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit : i have been researching this flutter noise all night ,found quiet a few videos of the dv+ flutter . Even read on the gfb website that the noise on lift off is normal.

Than others say their dv+ makes no noise or its not as loud .

Now im even more confused.

I have found another example of the flutter . My cars sounds exactly like that.
3rd video on list

His video
https://youtu.be/3ApeyKacjCQ

My video
Ignore the terrible portrait mode while i was recording.
( was easier that way since i didn't have a mount)

https://youtu.be/9kMKKbyYKQY

https://youtu.be/YCOWWESW2KY
Sent from my Pixel

Last edited:

bmanc42

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine makes less noise than with the stock dv. I only have a pflo intake. I did get the flutter and it stopped after I rechecked my work and the wire connector was not plugged all the way in. Once I fixed that it's been working normally just less sound.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Mine makes less noise than with the stock dv. I only have a pflo intake. I did get the flutter and it stopped after I rechecked my work and the wire connector was not plugged all the way in. Once I fixed that it's been working normally just less sound.
Thanks for the reply, scanned my car this morning definitely have boost issue. Found code
P2261/008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction

Will disassemble and recheck the dv+, strange thing is car drives fine pulls really good definitely better than it did without the dv+ . Also the CEL didn't come on , cleared the code drove a bit and it came back.

Sent from my Pixel