GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission Bolts

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I torqued it down to 54lbs I believe. That is what was recommended when I did my Dog bone/hockey puck install.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
hmm i dont see how you stripped it then unless you put it in at a angle or something.

Ive Messed up pretty bad before doing the dogbone bolt and i was using a breaker bar and had the socket tightening it instead of loosening it and herd a big snapppp and realized instantly what i did but luckily it was the cheap harbor freight socket that broke and the bolt came out perfectly fine after i switched to a new socket and had it going in the right direction lol

jkells

Ready to race!
hmm i dont see how you stripped it then unless you put it in at a angle or something.

Ive Messed up pretty bad before doing the dogbone bolt and i was using a breaker bar and had the socket tightening it instead of loosening it and herd a big snapppp and realized instantly what i did but luckily it was the cheap harbor freight socket that broke and the bolt came out perfectly fine after i switched to a new socket and had it going in the right direction lol
Yeah lucky! When I took the old bolt out there were metal shavings and it wasn't from the bolt, however I tried replacing the bolt and it will get taught, but not tight and no where near torqued. :(

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
I torqued it down to 54lbs I believe. That is what was recommended when I did my Dog bone/hockey puck install.

Look for a Helicoil repair kit for it. We had the same problem on my son's MK4 R32. It can be done on the car, and is inexpensive.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

jkells

Ready to race!
Look for a Helicoil repair kit for it. We had the same problem on my son's MK4 R32. It can be done on the car, and is inexpensive.
Good luck

Do you know the bolt/thread size for the front transmission dog bone bolt?:lol:

Green_GTi

Ready to race!
Do you know the bolt/thread size for the front transmission dog bone bolt?[emoji38]
Bring the stripped bolt with you when you go to the autoparts store. The counterman will assist you in picking the correct kit.

jkells

Ready to race!
Bring the stripped bolt with you when you go to the autoparts store. The counterman will assist you in picking the correct kit.

Can't take the bolt out and take it to an autoparts store. It is supporting my transmission. [emoji23]

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Jaber

Modero
So question for all the enthusiasts out there. I believe I may have over-torqued my bolt to my dog bone (the one closest to the front bumper on the transmission), I know FML, what can I do at this point? I replaced the bolt and I think it is transmission side that is affected, it won't get tight. The rear bolt and the bolt going into the hockeypucks in the subframe are torqued to spec and tight. What are my options?

Yeah lucky! When I took the old bolt out there were metal shavings and it wasn't from the bolt, however I tried replacing the bolt and it will get taught, but not tight and no where near torqued. :(

Shouldn't you have the PN already if you said a couple times, you tried replacing it already? :iono: Unless I'm misunderstanding which bolt you replaced.

jkells

Ready to race!
I used the part that came with my upgraded mounts" got rid of the OEM one. :3