GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed = stupid/ridiculous

Tech72

Ready to race!
Im pretty sure its spelled caricature...if thats what he meant

Yes, I meant caricature. I must have sniffed too much exhaust fumes while stuck in traffic today. I stand corrected. Either way, stance still looks ridiculous.

Rascal

Ready to race!
As some have eloquently put it here slamming a car in effect "neuters" it. Taking a car engineered for performance and comfort and doing this stuff to it is simply stupid. And it looks ridiculous, so fail there too. IMO of course.

JhnR

Banned
Coming from the person with red plasti-dipped detroits lol

Stanced, lowered, slammed, dumped, flushed, whatever you want to call it, makes a perfectly decent car look ridiculous. It turns a car into a cartoon caricature. Regardless of the skill or parts involved to get the machine to the lowered state, the end result is an ugly and borderline useless vehicle. Quite pointless.

Thats YOUR opinion. As a matter of FACT, the car DOES look better lowered from STOCK height. Anyone can point that out..DOE

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Am I the only one who thinks having the car dropped to the god damned ground looks idiotic? I am new here and havent gotten my Gti yet (few weeks out) but i think it just looks plain ridiculous to have the tires behind the fenders cause its so low and having to have the wheels cambered out..... why....?

BTW: Im all for a good stance with aftermarket sport springs

GTiorBust

Ready to race!
This is the discussion section no? This is a discussion, I don't see the problem. Also a stance is achievable with springs. Not a ridiculous one but a stance nonetheless.

JhnR

Banned
Well this is not the best discussion. You wanna compare apples to oranges. Or YOUR taste with OTHERS.

Really?

JhnR

Banned
I know a dude here, who said this thread has potential...i think i know what he means..

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
OP has an opinion and a taste. we all do. except OP's taste is wrong.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'd say VW's make up 50% or more of the stance/airride community. Not saying VW owners started the fad, but make up the majority.

For all the shit-talking those hard parking VW douches make about JDM cars, they had no problem borrowing a trend that was primarily championed by the Japanese VIP scene:

P.S. The car in the rear is obviously not a E34 5er, it's a Nissan Gloria.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
hahaha even by VIP standards that shit looks retarded in the rear.

But then again it's a luxury car so who gives a shit about performance? :iono: