GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Tuning TSI K04 Kit + GIAC Software = 12.26 second @ 115.7mph ¼ mile!

91gl

Ready to race!
I dont know if i understand this lol. My buddy got a 12.6 quarter mile in his gt500 i didnt think the gti with K04 could be faster lol How is this possible?

Don't look at the et, trap speed tells you how fast the car really is. What did that gt500 trap?

A

Alex/AWE

We’ve had some questions about the G.I.A.C. file that was a part of the recent 12.26 quarter mile. Thanks for the interest!

• The original, exclusive AWE Tuning "Road Race" file is recommended for anyone that does road course track driving in high heat environments. For this, there is one file, both for 91 and 93 octane. See AWE Tuning’s 100 degree day post for this one in action.
  • The updated file (dubbed “High Output”) provides additional mid-range boost, while high rpm boost, ignition and air/fuel remain the same. Still well within the Borg Warner compressor map (note for safety). Two versions available, one for 91 octane and one for 93 octane.
  • The drag strip results were produced using a combination of “off the shelf” AWE Tuning upgrades and “off the shelf” G.I.A.C. software.
  • Both files (original and updated) are available.
As always, let us know if there are any additional questions at all --

91gl

Ready to race!
any time frame on the 2011 software from GIAC because i would love to put one of these kits on my car with this High Output file. And if you need any 2011's to test it on, lmk im in NJ and available to make the trip

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
any time frame on the 2011 software from GIAC because i would love to put one of these kits on my car with this High Output file. And if you need any 2011's to test it on, lmk im in NJ and available to make the trip

We are working on the ECU currently, and will be purchasing a 2011 to replace our MK5 in the near future. No specific time frame yet. But I will definitely keep you all in the loop as I know you are ready to go faster.

A

Alex/AWE

The champ returns home.

From the drag strip to some commuting to our showroom, the AWE Tuning in house Mk6 GTI development car is on winter break, signing some autographs for adoring fans, you know, living the celebrity life. And no, we haven't yet washed the rubber shards off the doors. More here.

Chainspike

Ready to race!
So if the average user, with a k04 kit, I would be looking at high 12's low 13's. Not bad for the price really.

Any update on the 2011? I also would love to throw one of these kits on my car. I also noticed that GIAC now lists performance tuning software for the 2011 GTI. Not sure if this means that its available or not...

omerkm11

Ready to race!
So if the average user, with a k04 kit, I would be looking at high 12's low 13's. Not bad for the price really.

Any update on the 2011? I also would love to throw one of these kits on my car. I also noticed that GIAC now lists performance tuning software for the 2011 GTI. Not sure if this means that its available or not...

I have GIAC on my 2010 and I think that GIAC are listing a flash for the euro model. As discussed in a couple of other threads, the encryption on the euro 2011 is the same as the US 2010 model. US 2011 models have the level 10, not the level 7.

Chainspike

Ready to race!
. US 2011 models have the level 10, not the level 7.

Damn!! Level 10 that sounds serious.... hehe Why do they have to be hating on the Americans for? j.k
:p

Austin@giac

Ready to race!

As noted, different encryption on the euro models.