GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$700 for revo stage 1!! Somethings wrong here right?

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
i went to my local shop to get a quote on a revo tune and they said stage 1 was $499 and labor was about 2 hours. They said getting my ecu out will be a bitch and once they get it they would have to to something special and send it to revo and i would have to pay extra shipping charges. He said he would call Revo and ask about prices and when i told him to look at here he said it was for a group buy. The shop is AutobahnNJ. I feel like i should just take the ecu out myself and send it to revo unless you guys could help me out with a good shop in south jerz.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
You don't need them to take it out and send it to REVO. It is not that hard to get out and if they are sending the ECU in you might as well do it yourself. REVO and APR provide instructions on how to remove.

Or just call REVO to have them give you a name of another shop.

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
My APR tune cost me @ $750 after labor and taxes. And that was during their sale. So......the REVO price seems legit to me. Best money you will spend on your car in my opinion. Get the tune and you will forget how much you paid for it really quick. :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think it's time to take your business elsewhere. I'm sure it's worth $700 but with the introductory sale it shouldn't come out to that much, unless the switcher was included.

this. Intro price is $399 w/o a switcher, so even if install was $100-$150, you shouldn't be at $700+.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Thank you!!! what im saying!! They said they are going to call me tuseday and if its to much for me (college kid trying to pay off the car) then i might as well hold off and get exhaust and rear spacers as my next mods until i start up my other job in the summer where i make mad $$$$$ :thumbup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
APR perhaps?

Automotive Performance Tuning LLC - APTuning Philadelphia
Address: Philadelphia PA 19115 USA
Distance: 11 miles
Phone:+1 (717) 272-0916

Garnet Volkswagen
Address: 1620 Wilmington Pike West Chester PA 19382 USA
Distance: 21 miles
Phone:+1 (610) 361-8500

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Yea i was looking at them but i moved to Margate in SJ. I perhaps i could stay with my bro for a weekend back in philly n get a quote there.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Idk it sounds like they are trying to rip you off. I hate how some people on this forum think APR is so expensive. My local dealer is giving me a fully loaded ecu and a stage 1 carbonio intake for 850 even! Including tax and installation. Also aren't people forgetting that if you go with revo stage 1, if you ever decide to go stage 2 you have to pay AGAIN for the reflash? Revo=cheaper, I think not... I like both but both have their ups and downs, I just like APR to save me the time and money in the long run and I have a great local dealer named Ian Baas to help me out :) I hope you find a better dealer with your revo tune good luck.

untangle

Ready to race!
IMO, $600 totally fair - esp if it's a fixed-price bid (installer eats labor if it takes more time/effort).

$700 is a bit much.

If you do it yourself, here's two quick tips:

1. the wipers may be harder to remove than the anti-tamper screws. do not try to remove with the wiper blade resting on the glass - the pline will be under tension. (get a wiper/battery terminal puller if you want carefree sailing.)

2. you may be able to get the anti-tamper screws out using just vice grips.

have fun! it's a transformational mod.

Bob

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Another reason they are asking so much is because when i gave him my phone number i have a 610 area code for PA instead of 609 for jersey. He knows im out of state and prolly thinking he can jump all over the chance to rip me off.

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
It is 700$ in lebanon for stage 1 and 850 for stage 2 so it is possible..

whalesalad

Ready to race!
APR was about $750 for me. It takes some time to remove the ECU, crack it open, and do the flash. Shops will vary from place to place on the amount they charge over the cost of the software itself. Find a good shop because it's nice to be able to go back and get help with little issues.

I've been back to Eurocode a few times for reflashes, etc.. (like going Stage 1 -> Stage 2) and haven't paid a cent since the initial tune. They're fantastic.

That being said, not sure about them having to mail the ECU out. If the shop doesn't have the correct equipment then yes you'll need to send it out but just avoid those nubs. Find a solid shop and you'll be fine.

ramiloutfi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Do you need to take out the ECU on GTIs?

I just REVOd my Golf R 2011, it did not take 2 hours and it was simply using just a laptop, software and the USB/ECU plug, it cost me $504 in Dubai.

P

plac

Hey guys,

Do you need to take out the ECU on GTIs?

I just REVOd my Golf R 2011, it did not take 2 hours and it was simply using just a laptop, software and the USB/ECU plug, it cost me $504 in Dubai.

American ECUs. you get lucky.

Trainwreck

Ready to race!
i went to my local shop to get a quote on a revo tune and they said stage 1 was $499 and labor was about 2 hours. They said getting my ecu out will be a bitch and once they get it they would have to to something special and send it to revo and i would have to pay extra shipping charges. He said he would call Revo and ask about prices and when i told him to look at here he said it was for a group buy. The shop is AutobahnNJ. I feel like i should just take the ecu out myself and send it to revo unless you guys could help me out with a good shop in south jerz.

Have you tried USRT?

http://www.usrallyteam.com