GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty Work (w/Stage1) Mini-Saga - Oil Leak Central Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Dude bring the fucking car back to the dealer and make them fix what they fucked up. You have a warranty...

adolan21

Ready to race!
Wow it's leaking a decent amount then. Sounds like the repair was the issue. Good luck!

Last edited:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366027280.957921.jpg

Look familiar?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Look on your service receipt to see who worked on your car. Speak to the service advisor and ask him if you can have him make sure he has his best tech take a look at the issue given the importance of it. When I went to my local dealer last week, I made sure I requested a tech that I knew would be able to handle my work responsibly.

McQueen77

Banned
yeah there is one tech there who is the main guy, master tech. im going to ask for him. im going there in 15 min and am going to have him point out to me how i supposedly stripped the oil pan. this is the whole wild card that is pissing me off to no end. the bottom line is that these issues did NOT exist until after the car was returned to me so speculating that i stripped the pan by changing the oil is a total hoodwink scam. need to replace the pan, then do it under warranty. if they hadn't have seen that Mann filter on there, they wouldn't have asked any questions. the part that makes the least sense is that when i got home and checked, the drain plug threads were not stripped and the new plug went in w/no problem and tightened up fine. no leak. so what the hell are they talking about? anyway.. supposedly getting a loaner and ill be the first sucker in the service bay today. im going to be calm, professional etc. but if it starts going south, im going to get VWoA on the phone while im there. they wanna go that route, fine, because its blatantly obvious that they fucked up.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well he is just frustrated, I can tell. We've all been there.

He has a nearly new car with a warranty and the mildest mods you can get. And now a seemigly 'chill' dealer is giving him the run around and talking about voiding the warranty.

Not to mention the car is puking oil all over.
To him he will blame the car... We can tell its a dealership issue though.

McQueen did they figure shit out or what?

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Yeah, I admit he is frustrated but I gave him the solution and he called me a "fucking idiot".

Just funny how guys with "forum clout" think they're better than everyone else, or better than me in this situation. Took me all of five minutes to know what was wrong with your car. And because I didn't provide the TSB number I got called retarded. Go ask your SA if you want the TSB number, last time I checked, VWoA doesn't pay my salary. Good luck with your car, interested to hear the outcome.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Lou Maiuri

Banned
:yikes: I must have missed that

page 1 in the middle. Not that I really care, it is just funny to me that after point him in the right direction, he feels the need to hurl epithets. It isn't even an engine related issue, or a big issue for that matter. Kind of get the feeling from the OP that he thinks he is a little smarter and deserves a little more respect than the rest of us.

Looks like a fucking idiot solved your oil leak problem for you, McQueen.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
This thread is retarded. There was a service bulletin ages ago about the drain plug needing to be shaved down by the techs because oil drips out of the plug and pan setup sometimes on the mk6. How the tune Has anything remotely to do with this is beyond me. Stop trying to connect tunes and warranty work on your oil pan. You're just dealing with retards and making a mountain out of a mole hill. Aware them of the tsb an move on, it's not something to make a thread about.

Not to pick sides, but you prefaced your statement with this thread is retarded... I would take it as you're calling the OP retarded for posting it. Assuming the dealer service folk have completely missed the TSB, how is the OP supposed to know about a TSB on the oil pan? This is the first I've heard of it...

You don't come across the right way.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Not to pick sides, but you prefaced your statement with this thread is retarded... I would take it as you're calling the OP retarded for posting it. Assuming the dealer service folk have completely missed the TSB, how is the OP supposed to know about a TSB on the oil pan? This is the first I've heard of it...

You don't come across the right way.

Because it is, it is a minor leak that OP is blowing out of proportion. How do I know this? Because the same thing happened to me. I took it to the dealer and the problem was solved in ~45 minutes. No diatribe online, no calling the tune into question on the warranty. This all happened when I was k04, too.

McQueen77

Banned
Mods, please close this thread. Once again, troll of the century who now drives a BMW chick car but still insists on lurking here has derailed a thread. Dude you don't know what you are talking about and you didn't really read the thread. You're just an idiot. It is impossible that you aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.