GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So a VW dealer messed up my door.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Long story short I went to my local "friendly" VW dealership to get a tire replaced. They manage to scratch the crap out of my detroit, and there is strange hand prints all over my driver side door. (car was dirty). So I was pissed off that my wheel is fucked and I get them to agree on fixing it and all is great. I go home and wake up the next day only to notice that I missed something. The drivers side door isn't closing properly and there's a dent on the bottom of it, a dent that was obviously caused by the dealership. I call them, tell them they dented my door, then I drive over to them to show them the damage. The service manager is super rude and shady as hell, says he "can't show me the tapes because hes going home in 5 minutes" and that their policy is that they "can't cover any car that leaves the service".

The damage is in a peculiar spot, and the point of impact could have only happened if the door was open at the time it happened, and either the car door fell on something, or it was pushed up from the bottom (something a lift would do).

The dealer refused to cover the damage in full, and VW of America isn't doing anything to help. The only 2 parties that opened my car door were me, and the dealership within those 2 days. I know I didn't do it, and all the cameras at the dealer show nothing because they all only show the right side of the car.

What can I do? It's not fair for me to have to cover 600$ worth of damage because I went to get my tire changed. It's just silly. It's like I paid them to fuck up my car.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I had VW screw up my car pretty bad... ended up having to pull dents and repaint the car. It doesn't matter if you rolled off the lot.

Most likely, from my years in the industry, the tech lowered the vehicle with the door open. Probably had his tool cart on garbage can next to the car and it crunched.

If you can get video footage, see if the car goes up on a rack and focus on them lowering the vehicle you may see it rock. If service manager wont budge then contact the GM of the dealer.

Hit them on social media also, yelp, google places... Raise hell and include the information they agreed to cover other damages to prove they mess up cars.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I had VW screw up my car pretty bad... ended up having to pull dents and repaint the car. It doesn't matter if you rolled off the lot.

Most likely, from my years in the industry, the tech lowered the vehicle with the door open. Probably had his tool cart on garbage can next to the car and it crunched.

If you can get video footage, see if the car goes up on a rack and focus on them lowering the vehicle you may see it rock. If service manager wont budge then contact the GM of the dealer.

Hit them on social media also, yelp, google places... Raise hell and include the information they agreed to cover other damages to prove they mess up cars.

GM of the dealer was really no help either. The service manager that showed me footage clearly had no idea what he was doing while using the computer with the footage, and my car was very far away to really see anything. He was in a clear rush to get me out of there.

Krautmobile

Ready to race!
Don't feel so bad. My father drove my mother's 2.5 Passat home from Clear Lake VW a month ago after getting her oil changed. She complained the next day that the car was making weird noise. He opened the hood to find the oil cap sitting in the battery box and alas... No oil in the engine.

GTInSuch2

Passed Driver's Ed
Call VWOA and raise hell. Escalate as far as you can, provide pictures and an alibi. THE CAR WAS PARKED IN YOUR GARAGE, NEVER MOVED ASIDE FROM TO & FROM DEALER.

You can't be nice with these people, VWOA OR Dealers, they are all scumbags and only respond to aggression. No, I'm not joking.

They chipped my door after my first oil change. Got it resprayed on their dime.

Recently, I had the drivers side door seal replaced (Which didn't help)

In the process, they hacked my entire door panel up. Broken everything, & returned it to me half apart! They, on the large average, don't care about you or your car. Well, 3 panels later they managed to install one without damaging anything else. VWOA got so sick of dealing with my case that they offered to extend my bumper to bumper by an extra year/ 12k miles.

Attrition. It's exhausting, but it's the only way.

dwgolf

Ready to race!
VW picked up my car from my job to do an oil change and dropped me off a loaner. They gave me a call 3hrs later to say my car is all ready. Came to pick it up only to find that 3 of my wheels had crazy curb rash. I know I didn't do this cause I park a foot away from the curb each and every time.

Pissed off, i went into the dealer and asked them what the hell happen to my wheels. They came out and looked at them and said the driver noted that you had curb rash on the paperwork, which wasn't the same paperwork when he came to pick up my car cause I kept the copy (idiots).

Long story short, they purchased 3 more wheels and told me " I know your trying to get over on us, but customer are always right." They also recommended that I not come back.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
VW picked up my car from my job to do an oil change and dropped me off a loaner. They gave me a call 3hrs later to say my car is all ready. Came to pick it up only to find that 3 of my wheels had crazy curb rash. I know I didn't do this cause I park a foot away from the curb each and every time.

Pissed off, i went into the dealer and asked them what the hell happen to my wheels. They came out and looked at them and said the driver noted that you had curb rash on the paperwork, which wasn't the same paperwork when he came to pick up my car cause I kept the copy (idiots).

Long story short, they purchased 3 more wheels and told me " I know your trying to get over on us, but customer are always right." They also recommended that I not come back.

Which dealer was that so I know which one to avoid like the plague?