GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

long crank & Stall issue -

ditto on unburnt fuel for me as well. but more so pronounced; since i'm catless.

ill prob just order the damn LPFP and install. and be done with it.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually bringing my car to the dealership tomorrow, 2011 so I'm way out of warranty. Talked to the guy who seemed to understand the issue and I am going to hopefully get my pump replaced under extended warranty + the ECM patch that is supposed to fix some LPFP problems.

Ok - good to know! Please report back on how it goes.

Also noted that your revo tuned.. i think the patch will overwrite the tune? Been information here. But I would assume, the tuners would have made their own fuel maps/request within the tune..... or are they just 'overlaying' the tune ontop of base VW map.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Well, Fuel filter did not help anything, I will just let VW overwrite my Revo file and hope that Revo either makes a new one that works with this patch or go to a different tuner. Also will probably end up being the HPFP tomorrow, I will report back what the dealership finds.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
What kind of test did the dealership due? Did they do a fuel pressure test or just see values via VCD?

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
They didnt give me specifics as to what exactly they did but they saw all the codes and "diagnosed it" for a good hour or two so im sure they did some sort of tests

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Answer is always HPFP

Edit: I had mine replaced at 42k...went Revo Stg. 1 at 45k and now at 71k still going strong (knock on wood)

interesting! Thank you for posting back with update.

So initially all car related symptoms pointed to LPFP but yet they replaced high pressure FP? Did they also flash your eco with most recent patch?

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to be going in tomorrow for that ECM update. If it doesn't solve my long crank issue then I may have them do a fuel pressure test.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
interesting! Thank you for posting back with update.

So initially all car related symptoms pointed to LPFP but yet they replaced high pressure FP? Did they also flash your eco with most recent patch?

I thought it would be the LPFP because I could hear a whistle coming from the rear of the car. It ends up being HPFP and sound is gone, it was probably from the LPFP working so hard.

About the flash, i specifically told them not to flash it just to get this problem solved first, i may or may not get the ecm update but i kinda like my boost for now. I think Ill have to get it done soon though just because the car still bucks when you put it in first and start from 0. I heard this can be fixed with this update.

Great news. Thanks for update!

Luckily... the issue has mysteriously went away!?

however... I did remove the bullshit 034 catch can.

Such a PITA to drain the can, not to mention once the oil/water mix is drained. All that is left is chocolate mouse froth. which gets caked inside the can and pain to make drain.

Also -- took a pic of my intake cam.. 2 of the lobes area to have a few dots or specs of wear on them? Other than that. looks fine. I'll post pics shortly.