GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb out errors with LED reverse lights

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Did anyone ever find a solution to code out the error for reverse lights? I've had an error with Deautokey reverse lights for a while, they are not helpful and want me to send them the lights back before they will warranty them. The lights do work, just have an error on the dashboard. Removing the lights for a week and having no reverse lights to send them in is not helpful at all.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Did anyone ever find a solution to code out the error for reverse lights? I've had an error with Deautokey reverse lights for a while, they are not helpful and want me to send them the lights back before they will warranty them. The lights do work, just have an error on the dashboard. Removing the lights for a week and having no reverse lights to send them in is not helpful at all.

Hi, we have helped you through email - you did not purchase them directly from us and we feel the person you did purchase them from could have lied about where they originally purchased the bulb (to be clear we are not 100% certain of this) but we did have a few issues where people were reselling LEDs saying it was deAutoLEDs but they were NOT.

We offered to help you by shipping it back so we can test them, since you were a customer in the past we were going to replace them for you regardless what we found (to be ours or not).

So we are sorry you feel this way but we are here to help you.

We still are offering this, just email us and we will get you setup, when you order with us we will ALWAYS help you with any warranty claims.

Also you can look at the endless feedback our NEW MK6 Euro reverse are 100% error free guaranteed:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

our reverse (very bright) for the non-led tails are also error free guaranteed:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

Thank you

Phur

Autocross Champion

So buy some of the cheapest Walmart has to offer for the week... I can get where they are coming from. You could probably even return the cheapos after the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Regular bulbs are cheap, swap them out and let deautokey help you.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
So buy some of the cheapest Walmart has to offer for the week... I can get where they are coming from. You could probably even return the cheapos after the week.

Regular bulbs are cheap, swap them out and let deautokey help you.

Thanks - we appreciate it, yes the 194 regular bulbs are a few dollars if that, most keep the old 194 in their garage or have some on hand.

We don't offer a warranty unless directly purchased from us, we don't know if the person was selling our product or a different one, we had an issue where someone was selling different LEDs saying he purchased them directly from us, we found out it was not ours when someone contacted us with an issue with "our" LED that ended up being one that was falsely being sold on the forum as ours.

We again don't know if that is the case here because we never had any email replies back which is upsetting as we always find a way to help our customers.

But we digress, we just want to help out here as our Reverse LEDs are 100% error free guaranteed so with our LEDs you won't run into any issues - and they are incredibly bright so we want you to have these LEDs.

Thank you

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Necro bump.

This is happening to me now too.
I just bought the LED reverse lights last week.
Installed last night.
I got a bulb out error on initial start up and drive.
I got to the gym and used my cobb AP to clear codes just for a shot. Drove home from the gym no problem.
This morning i drive to work(not once using reverse as i backed in to my garage the night before).
Bulb out warning for reverse lights when i pull in to the parking lot.

These are Ebay Replica Tails with resistor boxes.
No coding done for the lights
The lights function properly i just get the errors.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just curious, did you put the car in accessory mode before you started it the times that it threw the code? I have noticed that if I do that it will code every time. If I start it normally it never codes.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious, did you put the car in accessory mode before you started it the times that it threw the code? I have noticed that if I do that it will code every time. If I start it normally it never codes.

No not this morning. I just started the car and drove to work. When i got to work the bulb out was there. Ive got to run some errands here in a little bit so ill see if it comes on again. If its just a every now and again thing i mean i guess i can live with it, but thats not really what i was expecting especially for $50.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah drove around some more doing errands. Got the bulb warning as soon as i left work. Then when i left target no bulb warning. Then when i left Chipotle bulb warning right away.

So not really sure whats going on. Like one drive it doesn't error the next drive it does.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just to keep people informed.

One of my reverse LED lights have damage, not sure if done when i installed or how it came.. i didnt really inspect when i got them just pulled old and plugged in new.

But DeAuto is sending me some replacement leds to try out, which they are confident will work.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
lilonespaz - thanks for contacting the team, they can always help you quickly - they have a custom resistor setup that requires NO outside resistors and we feel one was simply damaged during install or shipping.

We would have replied quicker but did not see the thread.

Please keep us updated as you should not see any errors with our LEDs ever. :)

This is the LED being referenced, we never had any errors in this model:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

Thank you

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
lilonespaz - thanks for contacting the team, they can always help you quickly - they have a custom resistor setup that requires NO outside resistors and we feel one was simply damaged during install or shipping.

We would have replied quicker but did not see the thread.

Please keep us updated as you should not see any errors with our LEDs ever. :)

This is the LED being referenced, we never had any errors in this model:

Thank you

I got the replacement LEDs in on Saturday and have been error free since. Thanks for the quick support guys/gals.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I got the replacement LEDs in on Saturday and have been error free since. Thanks for the quick support guys/gals.

Thanks for the update, it does seem like it was just a slight damage to the resistor on the bulb.

These are 100% error free - and very bright:

Recent video in a GSW - they utilize the same bulb:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Yes i def agree. The new bulbs i put right in and have had not a single issue since. I love how bright they are compared to the tiny halogen bulb.

Thanks

For 921 reverse for euro tails:

for 7440 stock OEM tails:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

100% plug and play / error free / NO outside resistors.

These are the only error free model we have seen on the market that are this bright.

Thank you for the support everyone

ALL LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-by-car-model-vw-gti-golf-mk6-2010-2014

Last edited: