GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dimensions of MK6 GTI stock exhaust

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to decide whether I need to rent a pickup, suv, or minivan in order to take my stock parts home from my turbo upgrade install (decided on K04).

Does anyone know the size and weight of the stock cat back exhaust? I am not going to get it cut, just in case I need to put it back on or I trade the GTI.

The length and width of the MK6 GTI is 166"X70", so is a good approximation of the size of the stock CBE 80"x65"? Sizing from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk6

Also how much does the stock CBE weigh? Can a sedentary, desk job guy like myself carry it or will I need two people?

I will also be bringing back the turbo in box, FMIC in box, TBE box, and RAI DP.

I was going to rent a pickup but my apartment's parking spaces are tight but I might be able to fit a small - midsize pickup but I know a Toyota 4-runner fits because my neighbor next to me drives one.

Thanks.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
catback fits in the gti with the rear seats down, can also put shit on top of it. Catback isn't heavy, definitely can be carried by yourself.

yes, i've done this before.

zsno

Passed Driver's Ed
NGP fit mine into the back of my car after the install of my APR TBE. They had some foam and stuff to make sure it didn't rub on anything inside my car. Fit fine.

JammingJay

Ready to race!
Sold my OEM catback to a local buyer who managed to fit it in his buddies A4. (with the rear seat down)

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Anyone know how much the oem full exhaust weighs?

Laimface

Ready to race!
My old downpipe fit into the car with the seats down