GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Golf R 2.0T 4 CYL vs REVO RS3 2.5T 5 CYL

My_Fly_Gti1

Ready to race!
I'm guessing both cars are AWD, Have the same gear ratios, same mods, same tires, weigh the same with driver..or else its apples to oranges. Why not get 2 cars with identicle mods and just the 2 diffrent tunes and see. Take a Revo car and time it then put the GayPR tune on it and see.

nino196

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm guessing both cars are AWD, Have the same gear ratios, same mods, same tires, weigh the same with driver..or else its apples to oranges. Why not get 2 cars with identicle mods and just the 2 diffrent tunes and see. Take a Revo car and time it then put the GayPR tune on it and see.

Completely agree!!! That's how it should be done.

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
That's here in SA and I know the drivers of both cars. The RS3's are very heavy which is the problem, I mean my stage 2 GTI runs ahead of my friends stock RS3 when rolling, only place he kills me is off the line.

Anyways, both drivers are great guys and their cars are both quick, but rather compare apples with apples, although I know of zero APR tuned RS3's here so would have to find a revo R with the same mods as Sameer.

ash.ds

Goapr

So the RS3 is a 0.5 cc and one piston larger motor than the 2.0 Golf.
The golf runs the same fuel and turbo as the rs3.
Yet the golf launches later and bangs an rs3 revo S1 with d/pipe, nf and exhaust?
Ive seen a revo rs3 stage 1 run nos and didnt do better than an 11.6 sec.

You wont find a revo Golf R as fast as Sameers because Experience performance does more than software and bolt on items, proof? Sameers mk5 gti which is the fastest in this hemisphere. Funny thing is sameers KO4 roc FWD is as fast as this revo Rs3 S1. Ive also seen revo get the rs3 software wrong on a durban car, limp mode, with cracked ecu bolts, which sat for 2 months at a buddies house.

Btw APR usa and aus have tuned a RS3 stage 1. result 0-100kph 3.1 seconds , RS3 stage 3 is now at 600hp,

the day will come when a local rs3 gets an apr touch, expect much lower than an 11.6 for S1.

apr Aus now hold the worlds fastest gti r 6 @ 10.8 seconds and Golf 6 gti manual @ 11.5 seconds

no time to play

GOAPR

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Yet the golf launches later and bangs an rs3 revo S1 with d/pipe, nf and exhaust?

You wont find a revo Golf R as fast as Sameers because Experience performance does more than software and bolt on items, proof? Sameers mk5 gti which is the fastest in this hemisphere. Funny thing is sameers KO4 roc FWD is as fast as this revo Rs3 S1. Ive also seen revo get the rs3 software wrong on a durban car, limp mode, with cracked ecu bolts, which sat for 2 months at a buddies house.

Btw APR usa and aus have tuned a RS3 stage 1. result 0-100kph 3.1 seconds , RS3 stage 3 is now at 600hp,

the day will come when a local rs3 gets an apr touch, expect much lower than an 11.6 for S1.

apr Aus now hold the worlds fastest gti r 6 @ 10.8 seconds and Golf 6 gti manual @ 11.5 seconds

no time to play

GOAPR

An entire half of a cc???? you know that's whats making the extra power.:laugh:

ryanrich1

Ready to race!

no time to play

GOAPR

Sameer's Golf R has internals done as well (rods and pistons) and made 313kW and 637nm on their dyno. That's farking strong.