GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Goals vs Sparco Tarmacs, decision help

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
I’m looking to downsize my Detroit’s to 17’s just so I can add more tire/meat (235/45/17 in DWS), hopefully for a more pleasant ride. Detroit’s IMO look fine on these cars and would never consider upgrading/downgrading them if it wasn’t for my unsatisfying taste of comfort.

Right now it is down to these two rims. They are quite opposite as one gives away an OEM look vs. a more aggressive styling of Tarmac’s (which I’m afraid of). And this is why… sparco’s somewhat remind me of old school enkei rfp1’s – which I love and think look amazing on a lot of cars but just NOT on our MK6. On the other side, sparco’s will look tiny bit larger in diameter when compared to rpf1’s due to spokes extending almost to the outside rim/edge (maybe this is the reason why I’m even considering them).

They are priced about the same, $2.00 difference to be exact. Color should be about what I’m looking for.

Sparco’s weight specs are still not offered with tirerack due to wheels not being available until the end of April (pushed back from Feb)

Suspension is stock. 2Dr white GTI.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 177559_x600.jpg
    177559_x600.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 472
  • sparco_tarmac_gm_ci3_l.jpg
    sparco_tarmac_gm_ci3_l.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Cool - i think so too. Got the pics uploaded YAY :thumbup:

I have been waiting for these suckers since January...tirerack keeps postponing their availability date, i don't know how much longer i can wait and VWkeffer has the goals for 150/pop. I wish someone at least had them so I can see some real life pics before throwing down 600 for the set which seems to be a risky move.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Cool - i think so too. Got the pics uploaded YAY :thumbup:

I have been waiting for these suckers since January...tirerack keeps postponing their availability date, i don't know how much longer i can wait and VWkeffer has the goals for 150/pop. I wish someone at least had them so I can see some real life pics before throwing down 600 for the set which seems to be a risky move.

My system is currently showing estimated delivery from the manufacturer of 4/15.

JEG

Passed Driver's Ed
Will the Sparcos take a vw center cap?

MKVI-DRVR

Ready to race!
If they look so close to an Enkei RPF1 why not just go Enkei? Is there that much of a price gap between the Sparco and Enkei?

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
sparco no contest... if you're looking for 17s look at the Neuspeed RSE05 ...

Drew113

Ready to race!
i personally love how the OEM Goals look especially in the anthracite finish...i'm on the search for a set right now actually!

Drew113

Ready to race!
What offset and wheel width will provide a flush fitment for a gti with a slight spring drop?