GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK6 Oil Catch Can System

FriggenT1

Banned
I've been looking into this for a bit. I know this must be talked about a ton, but what are the common symptoms of the PCV failing? I'm just about to hit 70k; been APR k04 for maybe the last 5k.

I was looking at the ECS one, but heard issues of the hoses not being a proper fit. The way this one mounts seems to be better as well.

You can do the dipstick test, pull it out while the car is running and if the idle doesn't change. That may not mean that it's not bad however. You can also see a small hole on the top section of the pcv off to the side, cover that hole and see if idle does anything different, that can be the source of a pretty big leak since the rubber diaphram is in the top section. Also, excessive oil can be ano there section.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Will this work with aftermarket intakes like IE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the intake works with the factory PCV system, I don't see why not as we're using OEM Norma connectors.

Arin, does it fit to Tiguan EA888 gen.2 engine?

To the engine, yes, but the mounting bracket and hose length was designed for the GTI and one for the GLI. The Tiguan has a similar mounting point, but I have not tried it, and it's only a single screw mount vs dual.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
If the intake works with the factory PCV system, I don't see why not as we're using OEM Norma connectors.

To the engine, yes, but the mounting bracket and hose length was designed for the GTI and one for the GLI. The Tiguan has a similar mounting point, but I have not tried it, and it's only a single screw mount vs dual.

What about hose length to aftermarket intake?

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Hey Arin do you have a close up pic of what's included besides the catch can? Can't really tell, at least not on my phone lol

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hyde16 review this one!!

I'm down, it would be the perfect time to compare to the newly installed ECS Catch Can which I listed my concerns on their layout and setup in their product launch thread.

Anyone else want to see a review on this?

Arin?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
:23:APR Oil Catch Can for the MK6 Golf / GTI and Jetta / GLI!

For the record, there a several major differences between the ECS one I see right off the bat, this would make an interesting run down and review on unboxing, installation and direct comparison to the ECS, 034 and Forge one I've run in the past. Most importantly the major advantages of the APR CC vs. the ECS CC.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
This is like the ECS CC on steroids! I'm getting one unless it does not fit the IE intake for any reason. Hyde16 reviews FTW!
You got my vote for a review! [emoji1303]

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
I'm down, it would be the perfect time to compare to the newly installed ECS Catch Can which I listed my concerns on their layout and setup in their product launch thread.

Arin?

I would :D

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

Arin?

In for a review