GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Told myself that I wouldn't get back in to cars after my last real fun car was stolen (see build thread). BUT after my Ford Explorer died at 260K Miles and with gas prices going up I went to test drive a TDi but then I said why not have a little fun again and picked up a GTi.

Love it. Great balance of what I wanted out of a daily driver. Spent way too much money on mods but every penny worth it.

Kill Joy

Last Car

Last car was '97 Black GTI 2 door, loved it for 15 years and about 155k miles! Now I'm loving it all over again 2012 Black Pearl 4 door Autobahn GTI, yeeeaaaaa!!!:happyanim:

3ics

Ready to race!
I went from 2 to GTI - Daily driver: '08 Rabbit and toy: '87 BMW 325is.

Some days I'm glad I did it and some days I miss my old BMW.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Last car was '97 Black GTI 2 door, loved it for 15 years and about 155k miles! Now I'm loving it all over again 2012 Black Pearl 4 door Autobahn GTI, yeeeaaaaa!!!:happyanim:

Brings a tear to my eye... I drive a similar dub, which despite the many refinements over the years, maintains the same VW feel of my long gone '88 golf.

To honor the intent of the forum, my last ride was an '08 silver reflex autobahn which my dealer ensured would go to a good home.

Grownman

Ready to race!
1997 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon. Unfortunately was never maintained well =(

In it's last few years, the car developed so many problems. Additionally, paint wasn't maintained either so the well known clear coat/paint peeling failure on Volvo's was present.

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
2006WRX2.jpg

2006 Subaru WRX. Sometimes I miss the AWD, but I definitely don't miss the hood scoop. Didn't do anything to it except for 35% tint and an SPT short shifter. I got hit by the mod bug hard though with the GTI.

dvannoy

Ready to race!
02 WRX, Stage 2, and lots of suspension/other goodies. I decided I wanted a more tame, brand new car and after driving the TDI I did the deed. I'd do it again in the heartbeat. The golf is a much better dd for me and yet it still has plenty of power and handles great which still makes the drive fun.

Heres a pic:

hpowders

Ready to race!
Porsche 911 coupe.

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 212

Dillspear

94 Neon 92 Cavalier 10 Mazda 3

Nothing compares to my 12 GTI Autobahn

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
2010 Jeep Liberty....lol what a mistake. Put some tires on and had a few things done custom for it. 0 aftermarket made modding extremely difficult. Had it for about 2 years/16k miles and traded it for the GTI. Such a huge upgrade.
The heap:

MKVI-DRVR

Ready to race!
2006 350Z

JWT Pop Charger
Motordyne Plenum Spacer
Motordyle Lower Collector
Titek Test Pipes
HKS Hi-Flo Dual Exhaust

Sexiest exhaust note ever. It pulled like a beast and I surprised and shamed many a car with it. I always got compliments on it and miss it a lot. Sad I traded it but I love my GTI. Better gas, by far, more room and fun to drive.

CandyMan11

Ready to race!
Went from a 91 accord, 97 gti, 96 integra,97 prelude, 99 m3, 97 m3 convertible, 2001 is300, 2001 330i, 2003 530i. And now my 2011 CW GTI. They were all 5 speed manual except the gti and the is300.