GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Special at Tire Rack

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
That is a pretty darn good price! I wonder how they compare to the Hankook Evo 12s? I had planned on ordering the Hankooks but.......

They would be comparable, I assume. The Hankooks might edge them in quietness, but otherwise I think the performance would be similar if you're not tracking them extensively - and if you are you're barking up the wrong tire. ;)

Lots of people have reported good experience with the SPT, it's a proven tire.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
i hated my SPT's...

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Heh, was on my way to my local tire shop today (a good one, they do all the track junkies around here) to pick up the Ventus V12s. $700 out the door mounted and balanced, tax included - not too bad a deal. But damn that's a good price on those Kumhos!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Heh, was on my way to my local tire shop today (a good one, they do all the track junkies around here) to pick up the Ventus V12s. $700 out the door mounted and balanced, tax included - not too bad a deal. But damn that's a good price on those Kumhos!
Yeah, the Hankooks were my preferred choice due to the rave reviews but this deal was too much to pass up!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Care to share why?

i had kumho mx's on my first set of wheels (18") for my rabbit and they were ok but got very noisey, and then i got 19" wheels and needed a cheap, decent pair of tires. so i got the kumho spt's.. at first (first few thousand) they were ok, then they got horribly noisey again like the mx's. i mean so loud that it sounded like there was something wrong with your wheels. it only happened on low speeds and when coming to a stop. the sidewall was kinda on the soft side too, but nothing to complain about. when people road in my car they would even comment and ask whats that noise? when i could come to a stop. so its just my .02. i even rotated my tires and that didnt help either. after that, i got michelins and liked them so much that i put them on my gti again too.

:burnrubber:

V-Dubb1

i had kumho mx's on my first set of wheels (18") for my rabbit and they were ok but got very noisey, and then i got 19" wheels and needed a cheap, decent pair of tires. so i got the kumho spt's.. at first (first few thousand) they were ok, then they got horribly noisey again like the mx's. i mean so loud that it sounded like there was something wrong with your wheels. it only happened on low speeds and when coming to a stop. the sidewall was kinda on the soft side too, but nothing to complain about. when people road in my car they would even comment and ask whats that noise? when i could come to a stop. so its just my .02. i even rotated my tires and that didnt help either. after that, i got michelins and liked them so much that i put them on my gti again too.

I had Kuhos on my 2008 Passat - TERRIBLE tires. They lasted 15K and I took them off because of the noise. They did not wear well and rotating them did not help keep them even and quiet. I did not drive the Passat aggressively at all and the tires did not last. Kumhos are cheap for a reason. Spend some money on good tires and get more wear out of them. Buy cheap Kumhos and you will spend more money later.