GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers install

RicoA

Passed Driver's Ed
Tried unsuccessfully to install my ST coils I just got today. I rented a spring compressor and the thing was so big I couldn't find a way to get it to compress the spring enough. I might just admit defeat and have a local shop do the install. Anybody have any suggestions on where to go?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Try using a U Clamp from Home depot? I have never tried this before, but I think it is worth s try!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Try using a U Clamp from Home depot? I have never tried this before, but I think it is worth s try!

RicoA

Passed Driver's Ed
Started at 5 and Just finished after midnight, with two trips to the auto part store and one to the hardware store!!!! Here's a quick picture I took.

Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336205161.580612.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336205183.816048.jpg

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, glad you got it done.

UFfitz56

Ready to race!
Looks great! How do they ride? Any noises? Also thinking about getting these.

RicoA

Passed Driver's Ed
They ride great. Not too stiff, not too soft I'm all the way down and have zero rubbing, even in hard corners. I haven't heard any noises either. I'd definitely recommend them!!!

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
honestly, call me crazy but I drove ALL the way from Grants Pass, Or to Long Beach, CA to have Fabrizio at EF1 motorsports put mine on. I have a set of Koni adjustables. He did that my front and rear sway and sway endlinks for a great price. I know you aren't going to do the same thing I did, but with this suspension and the way I drive I want piece of mind and it was worth EVERY PENNY. I told my MkV to him when I lived down there and had it. Just make sure you pay attention to the headlight levelign linkage. We put mine on backwards so I had to drive 800 miles with my lights pointing down ha ha