GOLFMKV

Trading 2010 for 2013...opinions.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
im doing 580/month 60 months 0%

TheCastle

Ready to race!
im doing 580/month 60 months 0%

Dude, I think you might be wise to attend some classes on Finical Peace. Trading a car with negative equity for another depreciating asset isn't the best use of your money. I love cars, I love getting new ones which is why I lease. I'd suggest if you like trading your cars every few years you lease instead of purchase......

But don't start rolling negative equity, it means you're living beyond your means.

jezzabelle

Ready to race!
Maybe put it up for private sale to see if you have any bites? Or I'd just wait. That way you could at least come out cleaner on what you owe vs trading and not getting close to what you owe. I tried to private sell my Chevy Cruse (barf, I know) for a couple months and had no bites. Sold it to Car Max last minute due to finding my GTI and needing to move quickly to get her. Ended up getting some crazy lady messaging me right after I sold her from my craiglist post- she tracked my Cruze to Ohio from KY to buy it. Psycho...it's a Chevy Cruze...but anyway...

I had to pay about $1500 out of pocket to pay off the balance of my Cruze loan since Carmax only gave me $13k and get into this GTI. (BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT) I financed about $20k w/ a decent interest rate and 0 down. But if you're already in a GTI and not 'suffering' like I was in that Cruze, I'd probably wait or try to private sell. I'd go for an MKVI if I were you though. I don't really trust a car that's going to be manufacturered in Mexico like the MKVII will be. But that's just my opinion.

Is the only reason you're wanting to get rid of your current car is so that your lady can drive it daily or just for emergencies situations?