GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 air intake compatible to mk6 golf 2.5L engine?

irongreg85

I am looking to buy a air intake weather its a cold air or ram. The Mk6 golf 2.5L offers only a few choices and more then that they are expensive (carbonio $300+, nuespeed $220+) . I would like to know if the MK5 intake would be compatible for the mk6 engine. So then I could just buy one half the price used off craigslist or ebay for instance (VF Engineering Cold Air Intake for 06-07 VW Rabbit) if that and then but a new filter.

lewylou78

Ready to race!
Only short ram intakes are compatible. The cold air intakes (like Carbonio) are not because of the MK6 headlight design (the MK5 headlight didn't get in the way as much).

gugu1981

Passed Driver's Ed
Ideally, you'd want the 09+ mk5 intakes, where it is MAFless like the mk6. If you do consider getting a MAF mk5 intake, it may take some creativity to make it work.

Let's use VF engineering MAF intake as an example. You will need to leave off the MAF sensor, and just connect the 2 pieces of metal tubes together. And if the shape becomes a problem, then slap the filter directly onto the end of the first piece of tube, and run it as a shortram.

Some intake designs may have it as a part of the tube and not a silicon coupled section, those takes a bit more creativity to plug and make work.

Peter

irongreg85

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, instead of mickey mousing something I will just go for the Neuspeed or Carbonio it really sounds like you cant go wrong either way.

Mk6_Matt

Ready to race!
To change the filter it's tire off, like 8 screws for fender liner and that's it...not that serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irongreg85

Loving it

Got the P-flo and its great! better MPG was getting 25.5 now im at 28 MPG. Power is a lot less "jumpy" for lack of a better word and a lot more smooth. Would recommend any to get the neuspeed p-flo.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
To change the filter it's tire off, like 8 screws for fender liner and that's it...not that serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 screws. 4 for the grill. 5 for the bumper(4 near the fender liner, one behind the grill) and you can snap the entire driver side bumper off and leave it hanging down.
swap takes 10 minutes, and you dont cut your fingers working through the fender liner and whatnot.